Friday, June 3, 2016

Virginia's Die Hard Series Part 4

Hello friends!
Are you ready for another installment of the Die Hard Series? 
s
   Serenity Thin Metal Die (Penny Black)
It's time to reveal my last take with this delicate tree die.

I decided to add a "tire" with the tree. My idea was purely accidental.
Miss you (Die Hard#4)

As I had the tree die lying around my craft desk, I happen to have a small black circle around...
Ding!! 

I used two sizes of circle punches to create the tire. I added the finishing touches by applying Glossy Accent over the black textured card stock. The neat thing about the tree is that I used a cutout die as a stencil and applied Distress Inks over. For the tree, I used Spectrum Aqua Markers to color and sprayed a few spritz of water and let dry. 
DSC_0287
The "miss you" sentiment seems to be quite fitting with the scene. You think?
I thought of my fun-loving son David ( who is away from home) while I was making this card. He used to love SWINGS ( I bet he still does!).
2016-0510
This concludes the final take with the Serenity Tree Die. I hope to do another Die Hard Series soon if you like seeing this feature, If you do, please let me know.

Here is the re-cap: Part 1, Part 2Part 3
Thank you for stopping by!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy".
 It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)!
Extra extra!!!

 US shoppers: use JUNEFREE for order of $75 or more for free shipping
International shoppers: use JUNESAVE ($7.99 off for order over $75)
Here are what's on sale. 


19 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

beautiful tree die and stunning card.

mandalj said...

I've enjoyed the series! It's amazing how many different looks you got with one die.

~amy~ said...

beautiful!

Valerija said...

Wonderful cards and wonderful tree die. Love it!

Bonnie said...

What a great idea for a tire swing, Virginia! I love the dimension the swing adds!

Teresa Doyle said...

This is a great card as well Virginia. I loved this series. Who doesn't want to know how to use our dies in different ways? A great grouping of cards.
TFS!

Karen B. said...

Clever and cute idea!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Another great tree card, Virginia! Just love the little tire swing!!

conil said...

This has really been an wonderful series, Virginia. Thank you for taking the time to remind us to look at out dies a little harder to extend their use and to show off your considerable talent. Having the tire "lying around on your desk" was a happy accident. The sentiment is perfect, as you said. Love this card...it's very nostalgic.

foleysfriend said...

Is it just me or is anyone else waiting for Bruce Willis aka John McClane to show up??? Thank you for sharing how sometimes, inspiration finds you - in this case as a black circle.

Virginia Lu said...

Thank you so much ,everyone! I love your wonderful comments!
Now, Foleyfriend: I am totally with you on Bruce Willis aka John McClane showing up here....a girl can dream, right!?

Harriet said...

Your "die hard" series has been great. The swing....wow, I think we all have great memories of swings. I love this card, the colors are excellent, the swing is truly inspirational and the, I think sun, peaking through the branches is so real. Excellent series, Virginia. You just keep getting more creative and inspirational at the same time.

Vikki H, southern Oregon said...

Keep up the theme projects! I've been inspired to work harder at "mis-using" my dies!!

Isabelle Siry said...

Thank you Virginia for this Die hard series ! It's great ! Very interesting and surprising to see how many ways a die can be used ! Thanks for sharing. Izzy Scrap

Sheila H said...

The addition of the tire is quite clever, Virginia. Thanks for a great series.

Lisa said...

Love the texture on the tire, this is a cute summer card!!

jennifer delauter said...

Yes, I would like to see more Die Hard series. I enjoy seeing all the different ways that you can use a certain product. I love seeing ways to get more out of a certain die, stamp, etc. Often times, others can find other ways that you can't see. Thank you for always inspiring us with your gorgeous cards!

Cindy C. said...

Impressive!! You're so creative Virginia! Looking forward to see your next Die Hard serie.

Miriam Prantner said...

Another beauty! I love that tire swing!