Friday, June 10, 2016

Virginia's Die Hard Series (Part One)

Hello friends!
I am starting another Die Hard Series!
Don't you just love dies that can be used in multiple ways?
s
This time, I am using "Frame Cut Dies Paper Layering Daisy with Frame"

I had a similar paper-layering die from Frame Cutting Large Lotus  before and loved it. You can see my previous project here and here. What's the difference between these two dies? The Large Lotus die is a partial die and comes in one piece. The Layering Daisy Die comes with two pieces (one is the flower die itself, the other is the outline of the flower which allows you to cut the entire flower off, if needed). I love having the two pieces as they offer more possibilities for creativity.  

2016-061
What can I say? This flower die is pretty much "fool-proof". 
 I first die cut and then dab the Neon inks all over (with the middle part covered with a circle die). Let dry and decorate.

A note about inking up the daisies...Be sure to open the petals up right after you sprayed/ink them. When the paint started to dry....it was NOT fun to peel off the petals as they got stuck together. I ended up making more daisies because it was just too painful to separate each petal.
I learned my lesson there!
DSC_0346 (1)

These flowers came in handy to decorate a wedding gift. The daisy colors are based on the theme of the wedding. The polka dot kraft wrapping paper is from Michael's (used my 50% off coupon).
DSC_0363 (1)

I hope to be back next Friday for another series of using this Layering Daisy Die. 
Will it be a card? A project? Well find out!!

GREAT chance to take the Craftsy Class as they are 50% off right now.
 s  
Thank you for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy".
It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)!  Btw, you might want to check out what's on sale over Simon Says Stamp here

13 comments:

Karen B. said...

Such cute packaging!

Sheila H said...

What a great way to use the dies, Virginia! Thanks for sharing😍

Harriet said...

Neat!!! An excellent and very creative die. Have a great time and I'll "see" you next Friday.

conil said...

Oooooh, yellow and blue...another of my favorite color combos. This is a terrific die (I have it on order) and, clever girl, using it as a embellishment for wrapping is pure genius.

Lin said...

These colors are gorgeous together, such a fantastic blue shade, Virginia! I'd have loved to see this wedding! I bet your gift was a big hit!

Lisa said...

Too CUTE to open!!

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous die Virginia. This is the first time I've seen it being used and it looks amazing.

Helen Gullett said...

That is one gorgeous way of using the die! LOVE IT, Virginia!

Susi K. said...

You've picked such a pretty die to showcase, Virginia - can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

Miriam Prantner said...

what a beautiful package! Love the bright colors you chose for your flowers!

Teresa Doyle said...

Just beautiful Virginia, and YES, I love it when you can use a die in multiple ways!

Migdalia said...

I love flowers. Especially sunflowers!!
Beautiful packaging.
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Arlene said...

I love the bright colors and how dramatic the flowers look.