Thursday, June 23, 2016

Working with a Detailed Cling Stamp

Hello friends!
I am popping in to share a card that I made with a very detailed cling stamp by Penny Black.
s

Terraced Lane Cling Stamp

I admit, it is a bit of a challenge to work with such a detailed stamp. But once I figured out the colors that I wanted to stamp, it was easy. Of course, I could not have done this with my trusty MISTI. This card calls for multiple stamping, namely, stamping in multiple colors repeatedly. 
thinking of you
All this was stamped in Distress Inks and once I was happy with the colors, I clear-embossed the entire image (leaving stamp in MISTI in place). Then it was Emboss Resist at work. I applied vibrant colors for the sky and inked up the edges with Espresso Distress Ink. Done! I did minimal embellishments since this image calls for its full attention. I added just the gold strings on top. Hope you like it!

HURRY--->SO many great deals can be found here.
btw there is 20% off on the selections here!!

Use code: TimRocks (valid till June 26th)
Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Nicole Parmentier said...

I would never notice a stamp like this but wow, what you did with it!! Magical!! Love the multicolored stamping together with that great background.. it creates tons of atmosphere.. beautiful!

Dawn Turley said...

Stunning Virginia. I wouldn't have thought of doing the stamp like this.

Taunya Butler said...

Oh my goodness, this card had me gasping with awe and delight!! Beautifully done - love it!!

Susi K. said...

Great addition of colours that bring this image to life ... the fabulous sky BG is gorgeous, Virginia!

Pam said...

Stunning card! Your stamping is amazing.

LauraJane:) said...

Such a LOVELY scene Virginia!!

Cindy C. said...

Lovely and serene scene!! So beautifully done Virginia!

Maura R said...

Thanks for this great tip, Virginia! I love your card-making style and all the tips you share. Keep it up! Maura aka beesmom at splitcoast

conil said...

There is so much going on the card. LOVE this stamp but you've, once again, brought it to life so splendidly. All the color and depth you created makes me want to stroll right into the card.

Harriet said...

Wow....this card is very impressive. I can "see" hos Misti would be the very best help. The colors you chose are truly remarkable. Just looking at the card made me think about wandering along admiring nature. Excellent!!!

Isabelle Siry said...

Wow Virginia....it's an incredible work you've done here ! Incredible rendering with all these inks ! Thanks for sharing ! Izzy Scrap

Karen B. said...

Um wow. this is a work of art.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What gorgeous detail with all the colors, Virginia - a work of art!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Wow! This is amazing!

Lisa said...

Oh WOW...this is gorgeous Virginia!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! This is really beautiful! It has a fantastic glow to it!