Thursday, July 14, 2016

Add COLORS with Distress Crayons!

Hello friends!
It became clear to me in the last few months ...

If I ever need to create colorful and vibrant cards, I almost always reach for Distress Crayons.
You see, the leaves and flowers were created with Distress Crayons.
a note to say hello-002

First, I swiped the Distress Crayons to Watercolor paper and then I used my fingers to spread out the ink with water. Once the watercolor paper is dried, I can stamp and cut out the images. Easy, huh?

I also want to mention that this is my 8th card from July Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp.
group of 8
I can't pick a favorite.....I treat them each like my own "child". LOL

The monthly kit provides great value and tons of creativity. You can check it out here
 The August Card Kit is just out! 
This cool kit is patriot-themed and I see that it's perfect for manly/ teen cards!
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2FSimon%2DSays%2DStamp%2DCard%2DKit%2Dof%2DThe%2DMonth%2DAugust%2D2016%2DSeeing%2DStars%2DCK816%2Dck816%2F901

 Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, Virginia ... love how that vibrant colour pops so brilliantly against the black! Hugs, Anita :)

Harriet said...

The colors---bright and cheerful. Excellent card.

conil said...

Well, let's just say you've used this kit to perfection. Impressive array of cards and this last one is gorgeous. Love the colors of course but the design is so eye catching, as well. Haven't had as much luck with the TH Crayons...must be doing something wrong. I'll work on it.

Sheila H said...

So many beautiful cards from one kit - great work, Virginia!

Lisa said...

Pretty card Virginia! The black scallops are striking and really make that fabulous flower POP!!