Thursday, July 28, 2016

Butterfly Trio

Hello friends!
The latest release from Penny Black "Artistic Endeavor" includes this amazing set of butterflies. When I first saw it, I knew I had to have it.

s

I find each size appealing  and easy to work with.
I am using the largest size butterfly for today's project. This butterfly nearly cover the card front and I love that it is simple yet detailed.
close-up-001

When it comes to images like this, I find myself using the similar approach like I do with a lot of  large detailed images. 

I love to....
 Color the image with Spectrum Aqua Markers with the help of MISTI
Clear-emboss the image with MISTI 
Use ink-smooshing (with transparency) technique to color the background
Stamp the background with Script background
You can find this approach in my last video (see here).

The above pretty much sums up how I created this card.
enjoy your day!-001
I quite enjoy the creating process and thought the card reflects on a lot of projects that I share in the past year.
enjoy your day!
I guess you can say that this card is the fruit of my own Artistic Endeavor.
I have a lot more to come with this stamp set.
Thanks for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are the latest from Simon Says Stamp.
To get 10% off, use code: 10JULYTH7(use it for buying stamps, MISTI, Masterpiece Box...)
To get 25% off on Ranger products, use code: CHEM25

Sale alert--->summer flash sale!!
Click photo or here to shop. Code: SSSFLASH
s


15 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your very artistic card my Friend!
Greetings from the Lake District!

Betty Keefe said...

beautiful card Virginia - love the colors you chose!

Karen B. said...

Wow is this ever gorgeous!

Nora N. said...

This is such a lovely card. I love the way you used the color on the butterfly as well as the background. I have such a difficult time using large stamps like this but you make me want to try it. Beautiful design.

conil said...

When I first saw these butterflies, I fell in serious like with them, too. So they are on my wish list. Now, thanks to you, I know what to do with them. This card is so pretty, ethereal, almost other worldly. Sends me to another kinder place. Beautifully done.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful background for your colorful butterfly, Virginia!! Love this!!

Lori said...

This is a very beautiful card!

Lori said...

This is a very beautiful card!

Harriet said...

Your artistic side came out to play. Your color combination is so bright, cheerful and to my eyes full of energy. Lovely.

Lisa said...

Ummmm, WOW!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love all the colors in the butterfly!

pcm said...

stunning!

Lagene said...

GORGEOUS!

BeverlyBL said...

WOW!! Amazingly beautiful.

karou said...

ohhhhhhhh j'aime beaucoup le style de votre carte c'est vraiment magnifique