Friday, July 22, 2016

Masking a Cute Scene

Hello friends!
I am snucking in to share another card I made with the Tiny Ninja  (by Mama Elephant) set in Masterpiece Box. Many have expressed how much they love this set with their comments during the blog hop. I am one of them, too. I am not huge on creating cutesy cards. However, once in a while, a stamp set like this can make you want to think and play. 
...and that is a very "good thing",  as Martha would say. 
s
To create the action, I stamped and clear-emboss the black ninja image. Once it's embossed, I stamped the image on a piece of paper (not too thick, not too thin) and cut it out as the mask. With that mask (covering the black image), I worked my way and stamped two more colors.

you snuck your way into my heart
The colors of the tiny ninjas are based on the pattern paper. While I was at it, I stamped the colorful sentiment with MISTI. This Tiny Ninja set is slated to be released as an individual set in October.
close-up
Well, that's it, folks! Thanks for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are the latest from Simon Says Stamp.
To get 10% off, use code: 10JULYTH7(use it for buying stamps, MISTI, Masterpiece Box...)
To get 25% off on Ranger products, use code: CHEM25
(click photo to shop)
s


10 comments:

Barb said...

So fun, V! I love the movement you created! Such a cute card! ♥

Milka Gubo said...

Super cute card! ♥

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the sneaking ninja, Virginia - so darling!!

conil said...

Totally adorable. Love this unique and adorable set...especially, after seeing how you made it look as though he/she is sneaking across the card. Also love that you multi-colored the sentiment.

Karen B. said...

How clever and fun!

Lisa said...

Too much fun Virginia!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Too cute! I love the 'ground' you created with that paper!

Susi K. said...

Like a true Ninja Warrior, Virginia ... so fast he (or she) only leaves shadows in their wake :-) Fabulous card/technique.

Katy said...

This is super cute!! :)

Lori said...

He's too cute!