Saturday, July 2, 2016

Vibrant Floral Cards with Alcohol Inks (a VIDEO!)

Hello friends!
I was not planning in doing a video...but I made a card with a video today! This happened when my kids are not home--David is enjoying his internship in San Francsico and Stephanie was out and about with her friends.


This card was my inspiration. 
#1
A few days ago, I was feeling like "making stuff" with alcohol inks and vellum. I then grabbed a stamp set within my reach and this happened...

congratulations
I layered two alcohol-inked vellum flowers as my focal point. As for the piece of transparency? It was part of a cosmetic packaging, I simply used it for part of the layers.

#2
The alcohol inks were applied on the backside of the peony. I love the white-embossed lines and took the time to cut out the flowers.
#3

To show you my process, here is the card WITH A VIDEO!
DSC_0336

You can watch the You Tube video here.



A closer look at my 2nd card.
DSC_0343
 
I hope you enjoy watching my video. I am astounded to find out that I now have over 700 You Tube subscribers!!! Since English is my 2nd language, I am always a bit scared every time I post a video! Also, I do not have fancy video effects and don't/can't do voice-over. So yes, your patience and subscriptions mean a lot!!! Please give it a thumbs-up, if you like to see more of my videos.

If you have never tried alcohol inks and don't have any, here is a summer blending pack to get you started. All you need is some felt ink pad like this and paper like this.
s
I hope that you are inspired by today's post.
Thanks for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BEST chance to get supplies (spend over $50) without paying shipping!
awesome sale here
US shoppers: USAFREE 
International shoppers: USASAVE
valid till July 4th

(click photo to shop)
s


17 comments:

Karen B. said...

Wow your details are amazing!

Marianne said...

Your flowers are so delightful, Virginia. Thanks also for the video. I'm hoping I can give this a try soon, since I have just received some alcohol inks that I ordered last month. Have a wonderful day!

donna mikasa said...

Yes! I'm inspired! Every time I see you work your magic with alcohol inks, I want to do the same! Lovely cards and wonderful video!

Keren Baker said...

You are a wonder. That card is so beautiful. I need to watch one of your videos!! xx

Susi K. said...

Yet another way to use this beautiful peony set - TFS, Virginia! Love the vellum-on-vellum look.

Harriet said...

Inspiration....lots of inspiration. Your cards are lovely. Thank you for demonstrating alcohol inks. I don't use them often, in fact rarely; but, this video and your lovely ideas has made me think....today is an alcohol ink day. Your addition of perfect pearls is brilliant!!!

conil said...

This peony is so versatile, and you really know how to use it. Loved the yellow card you posted the other day but these two look so lovely and dimensional on the graphic patterned paper and the kraft cardstock. Just gorgeous.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous peony cards, Virginia!! And I loved your video - no need for voice over when you keep it real as you do - so fun and inspiring!

Barb Ghig said...

Really gorgeous cards, Virginia! I love how you 'played with' your alcohol inks on vellum, and really enjoyed your video! Thanks!!!

Isabelle Siry said...

Another gorgeous card Virginia ! I loved your video and I have to give this a try very soon. Thanks for sharing. Izzy Scrap

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

AWESOME cards - have to watch your video now....

Sheila H said...

I just watched the video, Virginia. I love your flowers. I'll be on the lookout for some alcohol inks to try your technique. Thanks for the inspiration.

Teresa Doyle said...

This is so beautiful Virginia. A gorgeous effect.

Dawn E said...

Great card!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love them both dear Virginia but the first one takes my breath away!
Hugs~

Deborah345 said...

Beautiful flower. Thank you for the video on the technique

Anita in France said...

Such loveliness, Virgina ... one bold and dramatic, the other soft and dreamy .. both gorgeous! Thanks for the great video! Hugs, Anita :)