Saturday, July 23, 2016

Working with a Large Wreath Stamp

Hello friends! 
I love making wreath cards!
 Whether it's free style (stamp your own wreath) or stamps with wreaths, I love them all.
s

This Flowers All Around Cling Stamp from Penny Black is very detailed and also large (measures 4 1/2" x 4 1/2"). At first sight, you might find stamp like this to be a bit intimidating due to the super fine outlines for coloring and its sheer size.

But it doesn't have to be that way....
You can take my lazy stamper's approach and make it look like you are an "artist".

As usual, I stamped with my trusty regular size MISTI and double stamped the image twice with Versamark ink. I wanted to make sure EVERY fine line would be embossed. Sure enough, the white-embossing turned out great.
sending you lots of hugs and kisses  

 I then set up a little water-coloring station in front of my TV. While watching my favorite shows, I watercolored away with Kuretake Gansai Tambi (36)....I was not being careful about coloring in the fine details and all I focused on---having fun with watercolors and my TV shows!

hugs and kisses

The sun flowers were colored first.  Then I added layers and layers of soft colors.
hugs and kisses

I think I achieved my goal of having fun and guess what, the result is not too shabby!
Next time when you see a large stamp like this,
.... just go ahead and watercolor away!
I hope to come up with more ways with using this stamp. 
Thanks for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Use Code: MARKERSALE
 s
Here are the latest from Simon Says Stamp.
To get 10% off, use code: 10JULYTH7(use it for buying stamps, Crazy Dogs, MISTI, ...)
To get 25% off on Ranger products, use code: CHEM25

9 comments:

Barb said...

Wowowowow! That is one gorgeous card, V! Beautiful water coloring! ♥

Dotty Jo x said...

Such a beautiful card! I often struggle with wreath cards as I don't know what to do to colour them, so thanks for your fabulous inspiration, Jo x

conil said...

Yippedy-doo-dah! this is gorgeous watercoloring. You certainly made this stamp come to life. Those watercolor layers are fabulous.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your watercolored wreath, Virginia! Beautiful colors!!

Lisa said...

Lovely wreath Virginia! This is a charming card!

Teresa Doyle said...

This is beautiful Virginia, as all of your work is!

Harriet said...

Oh my, your wreath reminds me of Monet. So lovely.

Nora N. said...

STUNNING!!! I love the pretty colors that you used Virginia!!

Helen Gullett said...

This is gorgeous and beautiful!! Love love love!