Friday, July 15, 2016

Working with a Vibrant Watercolor Background

Hello friends!
Today's post is about creating something with random pieces that I have.

You see, when I tested out my Kuretake Watercolors (36) on Prima Paintable Watercolor Paper, I thought I was doing good by creating a vibrant paper. 
ss
But after coloring it, I realized how SUPER BRIGHT it was! What to do with a paper like that? 
s

Paper Smooches Cute Cluster comes to the rescue! 
So this happened....it is easiest just to cover it up with a piece of vellum.
missing you


I did Partial Dry Embossing for the vellum with Woven. You can emboss the 4 sides without embossing the center simply by turning vellum each time while you emboss. 

missing you (close-up)

I am glad that I got a solution for this colorful paper and the result is oh. so. satisfying.
And oh....have you see the reveal of Masterpiece Box over Simon Says Stamp?  Wow!
It's quite an exciting thing for stampers!

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Sheila H said...

I love how you muted the brightness of your watercolor paper, Virginia. The vellum looks great. And I love the addition of the flower die! Spectacular card! I have viewed the Masterpiece box - so many awesome craft goodies :)

conil said...

Now that's cleverly done. The embossed vellum over your gorgeously colored background (which, incidentally, I don't think is too bright) is a wonderful way to soften it. And the diecut is just perfect for your sentiment.

Teresa Doyle said...

This is so pretty Virginia.

Karen B. said...

What a cool fix for a vibrant background. Pretty card!

Harriet said...

I am so taken with your creative use of vellum ... the embossing trick is really great. However, using vellum to 'tone down' a bright card is simply brilliant. Thank you.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the partially embossed vellum to cover your bright background, Virginia! Die with sentiment looks great with it!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that you softened it with the vellum and the embossing is such a great extra detail!

Gail said...

Such lovely water coloring - one of my favorite techniques and you did an amazing job - love the colors and vellum - TFS

Dot Freel said...

The Ninjas are too cute! Love your cards. Love the sentiments and designs!

Tracy Lustick said...

Looks like a whole lot of fun !

Debbie Vasel said...

Simply gorgeous! This kit has it all.