Thursday, August 25, 2016

A Card with a Large Frame Die

Hello friends!
I am trying out a new (to me) die today.
s
Here is my first take with this Birthday Wishes Frame Die.

I had combined a few elements from the recent craft stash that I have and put together a fun card.  The hexagon paper was a piece from Tim Holtz "Motif Resist" Collection (from July Monthly Card Kit from SSS). I loved the watercoloring the paper and had to make good use of it. 

This is the result.
DSC_0043

 This card is slightly smaller than the A2 size (measures 4 x 5 1/4"). I stamped two butterflies from Altenew's Botanical Garden. 
DSC_0029
The soft and pastel colors from the inks match perfectly with the watercolored Hexagon.  

For the next two days, I will show you more examples of using Birthday Wishes Frame Die.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

14 comments:

Dotty Jo x said...

Beautiful colours and lovely images, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your colorful background, Virginia - so perfect for the polaroid and the butterfly duo!!

Kristen said...

I am so excited for this series. I just purchased the same die. I haven't used it yet. I am sure your cards will be very inspiring!

Barb said...

Your background looks amazing, Virginia! Gorgeous card! ♥

Harriet said...

Oh my such a lovely card. I think the die is wonderful. Your choice of paper spectacular and the butterfly and flowering spring simply ingenious!!!

conil said...

Once again, a masterpiece, full of vibrant, luscious color. Great use of the Tim Holtz resist paper. It makes your butterflies so happy to have such a beautiful environment to flit around on.

Karen B. said...

Ok, wow, this card is stunning!

Isabelle Siry said...

Another gorgeous card Virginia ! I love the colors combo, it gives a peaceful sentiment while watching this card ! Thanks for sharing. Izzy Scrap

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Beautiful

Lisa said...

Fabulous use of the paper Virginia, this is pretty!

Hsu Emily said...

What a lovely card, Stunning background

Lynn said...

Gorgeous. I love the colorful background Virginia.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that die and the background you created is so pretty!

Dawn Turley said...

How did I miss this one Virginia. A simply gorgeous card.