Friday, August 12, 2016

A Card Without Sentiment

Hello friends!
s

I understand a large wreath stamp like this can be overwhelming.
Well, it doesn't have to be.

Previously, I had share this butterfly post (see here) --use partial image in this design as an accent/background.
Thanks

 Now, how about the entire image?
Today's card look rather ornate, but it is actually very easy to create.
flowers all around
step 1: white emboss the image on vellum
step 2: color the backside with markers ( Spectrum Aqua Markers were used here)
step 3: add gold strings and make a bow

See? It is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
I decided to leave it as it is without adding any sentiment on the card front.
DSC_0398 (1)

Lastly, I want to share the photos that my daughter Stephanie took in Uganda. Remember that she brought along my 50 cards to Uganda? Well, here are the (happy) recipients.


My cards in Africa? Wow :) 
Thanks for stopping by!
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case you are shopping over Simon Says Stamp ( my one and only shopping source)


16 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love both your wreath cards, Virginia! And what fabulous photos from Africa - how wonderful to have your cards shared there!!

Rahmat said...

Isn't it fun to see your cards in Africa! Virginia, I love the cards you shared today. The floral wreath is so bright,vibrant and festive,it doesn't need a sentiment.

Suchi said...

Beautiful cards Virginia! LOVE the use of floral wreath! Those African recipients look very happy! :)
Thanks for sharing!

Bonnie said...

I loved the way you used this wreath before, Virginia. This one is even more amazing! Wow!

Susi K. said...

I would find such a detailed, large image daunting but you've shown us how easily it can be coloured and look beautiful too, Virginia - TFS. What an awesome feeling seeing the cards that you produced in the hands of beautiful women across the globe!

Teresa Doyle said...

These are beautiful Virginia. You are very talented!

Happy Dance said...

I'm so far behind in commenting, Virginia, but wanted to make sure I stopped in today to let you know that I've been quick peeking at all your creations. This card is just beautiful. I love the no-sentiment on the front of this beauty. This is simply amazing. Will have to use this technique again soon. And how wonderful of you and your daughter to share your cards in Uganda. The ladies look delighted with them. Blessings to you. Have a wonderful weekend. Bev

alexandra s.m. said...

Wow! That is so cool...I don't know where I should begin? ;)
Your cards are fab, of course but how cool is it that Stephanie took them to Uganda?!!
BRAVO!
xx

LauraJane:) said...

I believe anyone would be thrilled to get a Virginia original:)) Love the simplicity of your colored wreath:))

Harriet said...

Lovely cards, Virginia. I especially like the first. Perhaps it's the butterfly...not sure. Simply sings. Those ladies -- do you suppose your cards are the first they've ever received? Amazing...your daughter and your cards in Africa doing good.

conil said...

Love, love, love embossed vellum. You've achieved such vibrant color with your markers..it is such a gorgeous wreath. I never seem to pick the brightest colors when I do this but your's is spectacular.
It is so wonderful that your cards are bringing joy to those a continent away, isn't it?

Lisa said...

What a marvelous wreath!! The card doesn't need a sentiment at all with this beauty on the front!! What lovely ladies to receive your lovely cards!!

Jacqueline said...

Simply gorgeous cards! Love the proud look of those precious African women with their cards!

GeeCee said...

Beautiful card! I love how you used the wreath. What a great idea! I also love the colours you used. So bright and cheerful!

Miriam Prantner said...

That wreath on vellum is so so pretty! Wonderful photos from Stephanie too!

Lynn Dalby said...

Beautiful Card.