Thursday, August 11, 2016

Create a One Layer Scene

Hello friends! 
I am so inspired by the stamp selections "Artistic Endeavor" from Penny Black lately.  I couldn't stop creating more and more floral cards. Today's post is a combination of these lovely stamp sets.

fv
  Flower Cascade                       Verdure


s s
Butterfly Trio                               Script

May sunshine...

When it comes to a design like this, it's all about achieving the balance with a good composition. I started off with Flower Cascade and colored the flowers in Copics. I then stamped the Scrip on top. To make the design look cohesive, I stamped Verdure on top and bottom. For the focal point, I stamped the smallest butterfly right in the center. The sentiment seems to have the perfect spot perching over the leafy design.
 
Lastly, I want to update on my daughter Stephanie's trip to Uganda with some awesome photos.
  Photos from top left (clockwise): bed with mosquito net, hotel ground, work group/friends, first meal, market display. (Stephanie is the one with red cap).
 Hope you are having a wonderful day.


15 comments:

Jasleen Kaur said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia. So much substance in a one-layered card ! Love your work.

Desire Fourie said...

Such beautiful stamping on your delightful card. This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
PS: Looks like Stephanie had an awesome time in Africa.

Dawn Turley said...

Beautiful card Virginia. Stephanie looks like she is having a great time - busy as well!

Susi K. said...

You've added so many lovely details to this beautiful card, Virginia! It's a feast for the eyes to roam over it and see something new!
It seems like Stephanie is having a blast! An experience of a lifetime, to be sure.

Bonnie said...

This is such a beautiful scene, Virginia! I love all the ways you have colored these flowers!

Karen B. said...

So artistic and lovely.

Suzanne said...

Your cards are always so beautiful!!

conil said...

Virginia...the mix of stamps on this card is perfect. Just so lovely, I gasped when I saw it.

ginger na said...

I'm loving your cards. This cascade is on it's way---thanks to your beautiful work.

Harriet said...

Beautiful and extraordinary card. Your composition is wonderful and the butterfly is perfect as is the sentiment. Photos of Sephanie wonderful to see. Especially the market lovely.

Teresa Doyle said...

A beautiful card Virginia. Great pics of your daughters adventures.

Lisa said...

This is such pretty card Virginia, so summery!! Fun photos from Stephanie!!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! Really gorgeous and full and rich for a one layer card, and thanks for the photos of Stephanie, keep em coming!

Jacqueline said...

A BEAUTY!

Maura R said...

I love this card, Virginia - I am always drawn to your use of color, but on this one I love, love your layout too!! So cool what your daughter is doing and fun to see the pics. My daughter was in the Peace Corp in Burkina Faso for 2 years - so cool that our young people get a chance to have amazing life-altering adventures like this! Maura (aka beesmom at splitcoast) And thanks for your nice comment on my card!