Thursday, August 4, 2016

Customize with a Die--Your Way!

Hello friends!
I love using a good floral die. 
s
The Gaity Thin Metal Die  (Penny Black) is so detailed yet it is not too intimidating to use. 
I could have use the die as it is, but I decided to create a flower arrangement-my way!

DSC_0347 (1)


First, I made 3 die cut with watercolor paper and colored them with Kuretake Watercolor.

Thanks so much-001

 Once the flowers are dry, I put them together like a flower bouquet.
close-up

I find the kraft card stock and doily work really well with the brightly-colored flowers.
 Last but not the least, I want to thank you for leaving me all your well wishes and comments on my 30th Anniversary. Here is a photo of me and Dr. John celebrating this milestone.
The smiles say it all :)
Thanks for stopping by!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case you are shopping over Simon Says Stamp....
~use code COLOR  to get 40% off (shop here)---LAST DAY!  

19 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

great use of the die Virginia. Love the bright colours

Karen B. said...

Ok wow your card is beautiful!

Susi K. said...

It's always great when you can use a crafty product in new ways - stretches the purchase power! You've done a great job with this floral die, and I love the french script strip along the bottom of your card. Belated Congratulations on your Anniversary!

Desperatehousewife Craft said...

Love the colouring on your flowers and yes the doily is just the perfect background to the flowers. Have to CASe your card as its gorgeous! And congratulations on the Diamond anniversary, WOW! I thought you meant it was your 30th birthday!

~amy~ said...

beautiful card...love those blooms!

Happy belated anniversary!!!

Lin said...

Beautiful mixed with the doily, Virginia! Love your card!

LauraJane:) said...

Such a HAPPY couple!! Your card is layered goodness:)))

Cindy C. said...

It's sooooooo beautiful!!

Belated Happy Anniversary to you and Dr. John!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Happy 30th anniversary! That's an amazing milestone! Here's to 100+ more years of wedded bliss <3 Ecc. 4:12b

Also--- love your card;)

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! I love how you placed the dies and the doily is so sweet too. Great pic of you guys!

Harriet said...

Lovely anniversary photo, Virginia. Your card is wonderful. The colors are perfect and I really the way you use a doily. A truly lovely bouquet.

conil said...

Gorgeously colored bouquet. And so beautifully showcased with the doily, script, sequins and patterned paper. That sentiment looks lovely with it.

Shelly said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Virginia!
Great picture, too!

Charlene said...

A beautiful card as always :-) happy 30th!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a cheerful looking card you made Virginia
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Lisa said...

This is just beautiful Virginia! I like the flowers on the doily, they looks so delicate!! CUTE photo of you and Dr. John!

Michael Bakeler said...

Such a beautiful card. I love your choice of colors for the petals, and the doily brings romance to the card. Your style is so amazing!

Becca Cruger said...

This is so amazing! Those blooms are vibrant, gorgeous, stunning (and all the other good adjectives).

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the colorful bouquet you created on your card, Virginia! Great photo of you and Dr. J celebrating too!!