Saturday, August 20, 2016

DIY Pattern Paper

Hello friends!
I am popping in with a fun post about stamping your own pattern paper. 

s

I recently got this lovely stamp set "Botanical Garden" from Altenew. 
I took the chance to play with it and did something fun and very relaxing...

tahnk you

I started with stamping the flowers with Altenew's ink pads (see here). Although the background may appear random, but I did have a system of "working it". After stamping, I decided to add gold embossed butterflies to the mix. Have you done that before? With that, you can pretty much create any kind of "fancy" pattern paper! And of course, I stamped all this with my trusty MISTI.

DSC_0458 (2)

I love stamping my own background. The process is soothing (for me) and the result is ...awesome.

DSC_0456 (2)

Lastly, here is a sweet photo of Stephanie took during her Safari in Uganda.
Stephanie: I loved watching the elephants roam the park b/c of their huge personalities. There were some protecting their young (aww), one playing in the mud, and several who stubbornly blocked the road in front of us! Pretty sure their attitude was "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"! And so we waited for them to pass, haha.

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Your card is so beautiful Virginia!

Karen B. said...

What a majestic card snd picture of the elephants too!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Virginia! I love it!
And what a fun photo -- your daughter is getting the experience of a lifetime!

Donna said...

Beautiful. I can see a pattern, Virginia. You 'worked it' perfectly. X

Betty Keefe said...

love this Virginia - especially the gold butterflies - perfect accent for the pretty colors of the flowers

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So gorgeous with the metallic butterflies over the colored flowers, Virginia! Great photo by Stephanie too!

conil said...

Gorgeous paper you've created...and it does look like fun to create. Besides the gold, love the colors you've chosen. Have you any guesses as to the number of photos Stephanie took on her safari? I'm betting, a lot.

Harriet said...

Lovely, lovely card. How thrilled Stephanie must have been to see the elephants. Can't imagine walking the road and encountering them.

Lisa said...

WOW is this ever beautiful Virginia!! And the elephant photo is wonderful!!

Nicky Hsu said...

SO beautiful. What a clever way to create your own pattern paper with stamp. I have to give it a try.

Lisaerica said...

Gorgeous Virginia! I love this idea of making your own paper with the embossing. Thanks for sharing your daughters pictures, what an opportunity of a lifetime. Thanks for inspiring.

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful layered stamping! Great idea to emboss that top layer!

Nora N. said...

WOW!! I love that card but even LOVE that photo more. What an amazing experience your daughter is having. I would love to do this but am terrified of going over to Africa with all the unrest they have over there. That photo is why I would love to do this. Elephants amaze me!