Monday, August 8, 2016

FAUX No Line Watercoloring ( A VIDEO)

Hello friends!
This is my 2nd post today because ... I made a video!
Alert--->a video and photo-heavy post. 
Cascade Flower Trio

s

I actually made the video yesterday and worked super hard on editing today. It was about 16 minutes long, I cut it down to 11 minutes. I hope that you find this is the right length and pace.
You can watch the video on You Tube here.


This first card gave me the idea for making the video. See yesterday post here.
DSC_0345 (1)

As I mentioned in the video, I stamped the image in Antique Linen and then clear-embossed it. You then created a nearly invisible outlines.  I am calling this Faux No Line Watercoloring. As always, I created this card with MISTI. You can use any stamp positioner such as Fiskars.
This stamped image provides a great chance to try out watercoloring.
I treasure your friendship

While I tested out the video idea, I made my 2nd card. I added stripes and doily at the bottom.
lots of LOVE-001

 Mixing floral design with stripes is always something I have wanted to try. I definitely will do it more often.

lots of love

Finally, this is the card from my video. I changed up the composition to horizontal and it worked nicely as well.

DSC_0341 (3)
I would really appreciate that you give me a thumbs-up for my You Tube video. If you like what you see, I hope that you also subscribe to my You Tube Channel. This will motivates me to make more videos.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
 

16 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

So vibrant and beautiful it looks. You have inspired me to try the technique!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous cards, Virginia! I love the effect of this technique! Thank you so much for the video tutorial...you're becoming a real PRO!!!

Dawn Turley said...

fabulous Video Virginia. Love this no line watercolouring. I really must try it out. Penny Black does make some amazing stamps that are perfect for this.

Donna said...

Three very beautiful cards... but that second one with the contrast of the stripes and the softness of the doily takes top spot, Virginia. What about you? Your favorite of the three?

ginger na said...

I appreciate your video. Your card is beautiful. I plan to purchase this stamp. Thank you showing the two different inks. I never thought to use distress ink with versamark over it to emboss. Looking forward to seeing more videos.

D.Ann C said...

These are beautiful! What a neat technique... thanks for the tip!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous faux no-line coloring, Virginia! Just love the look of both outline inks you used! Especially love the floral with the blue stripes!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Your cards are magnificent Virginia!
Thank You so much for the video!
So much love and labour went into making it!!
xx

Teresa Doyle said...

Just so beautiful Virginia, especially the second one. Beautiful job!

Terri Emanuel said...

These cards are exquisite! Thanks for the video, and for sharing this genius technique.

conil said...

Your no line coloring is simply gorgeous. Love the original card and this newer one is just as lovely. The one with your hand done stripes is awesome.

Harriet said...

Three lovely, colorful cards and a great video. Thank you, Virginia. I love your use of the doily....crisp, clean and a softening of the corner. Brilliant making the stripes. That's a great idea I will try. Super way to connect a card through color.

Lisa Harrolle said...

Great job on the video Virginia! I love these cards so much. They are all so beautiful and you make me want to break out my watercolors right now! :)

Miriam Prantner said...

These are wonderful! I loved yesterday's card and you are awesome for making videos! That is a bridge too far for me!

foleysfriend said...

So beautiful, Virginia. Thank you for your video - almost like sitting beside you watching you create! I might even get brave enough to try this myself. :)

Jacqueline said...

All of your cards breathe summer - just gorgeous!