Saturday, August 13, 2016

Fresh Take on "Seeing Stars"!

Hello friends!
s

You have probably seen this stamp set "Seeing Stars" with many galaxy-related cards already. The pattern paper from the July Card Kit are patriotic and masculine-themed. However, this stamp set can be fun/ feminine, too.
when we're together...

I combined using the stencil and stamp in this design.  With some ink-blending, I applied inks to the hearts. Instead of coloring, I stamped the heart image and cut out the heart part on a piece of copy paper. Then I used the NEGATIVE paper as the mask and applied inks. This is GREAT for people who do not have enough copics (like me) or do not care for coloring....also, it's a easy way to stretch your inks. I also love the gradient of colors in the hearts that the inks give.

DSC_0395

I hope that my card would perhaps gives you some more inspiration.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case you are shopping over Simon Says Stamp ( my one and only shopping source)
Check out some awesome SALES here.

8 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

beautifully done Virginia. A very pretty card.

Christy Q said...

Stunning card, Virginia!! I love this fresh take on the August SSS kit. The hearts are beautifully blended and I love the little border you added on the left side.

Harriet said...

A very unique card. The softness of the color is stunning.

conil said...

I love the gradient you made on the constellation hearts, too. I reaaly makes them look ethereal and, yes, feminine.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love how you created the firework look, Virginia!!

Lisa said...

What a fun card Virginia!!

Karen B. said...

This is clever and cool!

Donna said...

Love how you've used these stamps. Very pretty :)