Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #382 (A Video!!)

Hello friends! I rarely create a video for Wednesday Challenge...but I did this time! 

s

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Let's Go Wild Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Make for that Border

 We are using Memory Box products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

Memory Box has some amazing and intricate dies (see here). I was hoping to get a new die or two play with, unfortunately, it did not happen. 

c

I had used this Calais Butterfly die before (see here, here and here). This time I use the die and created a border. I had applied Partial and Inlaid Die cut technique to create a border.

You can see how I made these TWO cards in the video hereI hope you find it informative and helpful.


  
 Card #
Happy birthday Beautiful

To showcase the butterflies even more, I applied various Distress Inks for the gradient effect. The result is simple yet striking. 

DSC_0380 (2) 

 Card#2
thank you for everything

Making the video was a kind of last minute thing. As I was preparing this post, I thought it would be fun to show the creative process. I started to record this Monday afternoon. The entire recording was 13 minutes, I cut it down to 8 minutes.

Calais Butterfly Die with  Two Cards  

It's amazing what this simple and inexpensive die ($5.49) can do.  I hope that you are inspired by all of my designsI would appreciate that you give it a thumbs-up if you like this video ( my You Tube Channel here). It will encourage me to make more videos in the future. Thanks for stopping by!

  As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!

s
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case you are shopping over Simon Says Stamp....
Check out some awesome SALES here. 

25 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Very pretty dancing butterflies!!

Harriet said...

Beautiful card. It was great to watch you create and 'think' while creating. So often a crease, smear of ink--whatever--causes me to start again. Now I will attempt to hide the imperfection. Love the way you designed this card...you are so right a few dots are the finishing touch. Wonderful video.

Shelly said...

Both cards are beautiful, Virginia!
Great video, too!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Virginia, I love the butterflies, so pretty, the colours and simple design are perfect, LOVE THEM :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Betty Keefe said...

thanks for the great idea - your card is so pretty!

conil said...

Both these cards are exquisite. Love the way these butterflies seem to float off your cards. The ink blending really makes them pop. As always, you light hand with embellishments is a wonder to me. So perfect and just the right touch.

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Gorgeous cards, Virginia! I love how the butterflies are inlaid :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

D.Ann C said...

Ok, I came here to tell you how much I loved your butterflies from SSS Weds blog, but YOWZA... I like the green edge even more!!!

Barb said...

Love that technique, V! Beautiful cards! ♥

Bonnie said...

Very nice, Virginia! I love how you've used this die! Thanks so much for sharing the video with us!

Lin said...

Both versions of your card are lovely, V, and I enjoyed hearing your voice again! Beautiful design!

Lisa said...

These are both delightful Virginia!!

Greta said...

Came straight here from SSS as I just adore your card, Virginia--actually both of them are wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration!

Harriet said...

I forgot to add..........thank you....I had no idea the crayons could be used with water. I'm going to try that!!!!!

foleysfriend said...

Lovely, Virginia; I'm so inspired by your work.

Victoria Burgess said...

Lovely cards Virginia and thank you for the inspiration for using your idea on Christmas cards.

Susi K. said...

Lovely cards - wonderful idea that definitely makes me look at some of my other dies to see their "border" potentials! TFS

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh my goodness Virginia, these cards are just stunning!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I love these! What fabulous idea I must try it myself with dies I have! Thanks!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Just gorgeous, I am sure gonna try this!!

Janeen said...

just stopped by to say i love your design on this. saw it on Simon's site.

Isabelle Siry said...

Hi Virginia, your two cards are just gorgeous and I love the video you made. Thank you so much to explain how you did this wonderful artwork ! It also showed me that the use of some dies is endless. I will have to try this technique for sure ! Izzy Scrap

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What beautiful borders, Virginia - amazing what you can do with a simple die!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the borders you created with the inlay and how you can see the inking beneath!

Nora N. said...

These cards are AMAZ?ING!!! I love the first one best, though with that pretty gradient orange background!!!