Sunday, August 21, 2016

Spray Inks on Dies

Hello friends!
Have you ever made a quick card with sprays and dies?
Spray those inks/paints that you have been hoarding collecting! 
s
 Shall We Dance is such a dainty die and it is perfect with the sprayed ink.
happy birthday (close-up)
 
You do not need to spray a ton of ink/colors, just a couple of spritz will do.  I always use a large cardboard box with scrap paper to keep the sprays contained.  This proves to be a very good thing. Because the other day I made a HUGE mess with half of the TH silver Metallic Distress Paint bottle spilled. The lid flew right open when I squeezed really hard!! Imagine my shock!
Thanks goodness, it was all inside the box! :)

happy birthday-001

I added a piece dry-embossed vellum to group the stems together and also for added interest. I couldn't help adding some small droplets of splatter to the background. The sentiment was stamped on the paper that I created and coordinates perfectly with the die cue flowers.

DSC_0413

Hope this post inspires you to get the paint/sprays out to play.
I am super excited that my daughter Stephanie is returning from Uganda to Canada today. Woohoo! The places that kids would go these days.... ;) 
Thanks for stopping by!


21 comments:

Deepti said...

This is so cool :) I rarely use sprays but this card has inspired me use them now !

paula laird said...

Gorgeous card Virginia. I love using my sprays and having fun seeing what happens.

Dotty Jo x said...

Looks great, perhaps I might give this a go myself, Jo x

Bonnie said...

I love your sprayed flowers, Virginia! What a beautiful card! We'd love to see it at CAS Mix Up if you have time to take it over. We're doing sprays this month.

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card - pretty sprayed flowers!!!

Barb said...

LOVE this, Virginia! Those flowers look soooo pretty! Sending love and prayers for a safe return for Stephanie! ♥

Ruth G said...

Such a pretty card! The colors are really lovely and you gotta love that it was so quick (other than waiting for spray to dry!)

Sorry to hear about the spill! I know sometimes I feel like my supplies are liquid gold and any loss is hard to take! At least the mess was contained...

Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your sprayed die cuts, Virginia - so colorful and perfect with the vellum strip!!

Desperatehousewife Craft said...

Gorgeous delicate flowers Virginia! I really love following what you do!

Jan Monforton said...

Beautiful card....I can see a new purchase in my future! I haven't tried the Distress stains yet. I'm excited!!

conil said...

Like the way the sprays add an illusion of texture to the diecuts as well as the color. This is another Luscious Lu card that reminds me that it's still summer.
I just know you're super excited over Stephanie's return. Sure to be non-stop talking about her adventures.

Harriet said...

Excellent colors. I haven't tried spray ink in many years. I had quite a collection at one time and the darn spray hole got clogged in each one. Maybe I'll give them another try. Again, I sure appreciate your use of vellum. Nice touch.

Harriet said...

Welcome home Stephanie -- good job and well done.

Miriam Prantner said...

I'm sure you're thrilled to have Stephanie back! Love the texture you get with the spray on these!

Lisa said...

This is perfectly charming!!

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is so sweet and so perfect for summer, Virginia! Enjoy your daughter!! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn Turley said...

very pretty Virginia. the soft colours are beautiful

Teresa Doyle said...

Virginia, your card is beautiful.
I am THRILLED for you to have your daughter back home safe and sound. From a fellow Canadian, I get it! Uganda is a LoooonG way from home! TFS!

Nora N. said...

WOW!! I have OODLES of sprays but I usually use them in scrapping rather then my cards. I LOVE how you used them on the die cuts like this. How did you get the colors so precise? That is what I have a difficult time with.

Bashful said...

This card is just amazing! I love the effect you got from those sprays. (I guess I better invest in some.) :-)

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Fabulous dimension!