Sunday, August 28, 2016

Stamp Something Colorful

Hello friends!
I truly hope you are not tired of my incessant butterfly post. Here we go again.
I love creating one layer cards and today's card is nearly one layer....
s

This time I am using the smallest butterfly in Butterfly Trio to create a colorful background with an invisible border. If you miss seeing the transparent version, here it is.

DSC_0383

Somehow I feel that the invisible border adds something special to the design.

you're so special

Obviously, I couldn't have done the multi-color stamping without MISTI. This is the best chance to get all your favorite inks out to play! In the end, I stamped and white-embossed the butterfly in colored card stock. I cut it out and positioned it with loops of silver thread.

I must remind you that this stamp set Butterfly Trio is super popular and sells out quickly. Since summer is coming to an end, I have the feeling that it will be gone soon.
Well, that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by!


15 comments:

Marianne said...

Your colourful butterflies are looking so pretty, Virginia!

Dawn Turley said...

Your butterflies are so pretty Virginia. I LOVE butterflies and these are fabulous.

Karen B. said...

They are flying off the card in the most prettiest of ways!

Lin said...

Pretty! I love your one-layer design, V, and your popped up addition! Gorgeous colors!

Harriet said...

I never tire of your wonderful ideas and sense of color and you are so right---your invisible border is excellent. Wow---wonderful!!!

LauraJane:) said...

Keep them Fluttering our way Virginia!! I LOVE the inspiration:)))

Lisaerica said...

Virginia, beautiful card! Such a great stamp set. I love butterflies and all the different ways you've used it, keep them coming. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

conil said...

Thanks to you, already ordered mine. You are really rocking this stamp. Love the invisible border, too. How do keep coming up with these ideas?

Desperatehousewife Craft said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colours and how you made one butterfly stand out.

Karen P said...

There is no such thing as too many butterfly cards, canvas, tags, etc! Love these stamps and I know they're really popular so won't be able to get them over here. Do love what you've done with them here, very much! Karen x

Nora N. said...

How can anyone be tired of butterflies? I LOVE this card. Such a cool technique that I have not really tried, and that is saying a lot since I have been stamping for almost 18 years!! LOVE the colorful butterflies and the one that you embossed in white. Amazing design!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your white embossed butterfly among all the colorful ones, Virginia! That white invisible border adds a lot!!

Lisa said...

Fluttery and sweet Virginia!

Barb Ghig said...

You are so creative, Virginia! I love how you stamped this butterfly in all these beautiful colors and your sentiment is so lovely! Putting this PB set on my wishlist :)

Jacqueline said...

Really special! Love this one, Virginia!