Monday, August 15, 2016

Starry Sky in Watercolors

Hello friends!
Do you love watercoloring like I do?
close-up-002
You may already know that I always try to make the most with one single set of stamp.
s

Today's card is my 8th take with "Seeing Stars".
You can see my previous 7 cards in this SSS Gallery (see here).

I first embossed the images in silver.
After coloring the image in Distress Inks (applied on acrylic blocks) and Kuretake (36 Colors), I let it dry and sit for a few days. Wondering why I let it sit for a while? Because it looked horrible at first. I honestly think it was destined for the garbage bin.
thinking of you
 Well, it didn't look so bad after a few days. I decided to stamp the smaller gold stars in Delicata.
I now actually really like it!

My daughter Stephanie's adventure in Uganda continues...
(ceramics masks)
Thank you for stopping by! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out some awesome SALES here.  

You must stop by over Simon Says Stamp ( my one and only shopping source) 

10 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your starry background, Virginia! Glad it didn't end up in the bin!!

Harriet said...

Interesting. I can 'see' why you thought it wasn't good enough; however, leaving it to dry was the answer. The gold small stars simply glow. I quite like this card. I especially like the colors of the background. I think I need to try this technique.

conil said...

Isn't it amazing how a couple of days changes perspective. I find that true constantly. So glad you didn't toss this little jewel because it really is lovely. Bet you can't wait for Stepahnie's return.

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your dreaming use of watercolor my Friend!
Interesting picture Stephanie shared here...I hope you'll have her as guest on your blog once she is back home
xx

Karen B. said...

What A dreamy background!

Lisa said...

Fabulous background Virginia, this is a terrific card!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is amazing! What a happy accident that you kept it, it is stunning!

paula laird said...

Gorgeous card, cute masks. I love how your card turned out Virginia.

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous card. The background is stunning. Really pretty

Miriam Prantner said...

That sky is just beautiful! Fantastic watercoloring!