Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Virtue of Color White

Hello friends!
My post about using Large Frame Die is coming up next.

s

 This Butterfly Trio has been HARD to come by and it is now back on stock.
If you are thinking of getting it, it is TIME to get it over Simon Says Stamp

I am sharing another Butterfly Trio with the color white.

The positive side of white conveys freshness, cleanliness and simplicity. However, it also projects stark, cold and isolated. For  today's card, I utilized the color white and I also apply as many colors as I can in the design. The result? I think you get the best of the color white.

DSC_0364 (1)

I started out with white-embossing the largest butterfly from Butterfly Trio (Penny Black). I colored it with Kuretake Watercolors (36).  Then I did the tone on tone stamping with Script Cling Stamp.  (also back in stock).

s

Here is the close-up of the butterfly.
Close-up-001
 In the end, I white-embossed the sentiment and added white splatter. And of course, the white doily provides the perfect backdrop for the butterfly.

DSC_0372 (1)

White reminds us the the purity of childhood. It is the prettiest color that can coordinate with any color. Do you use white often? I hope this post inspires you to use white more.

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

What a delightful card Virginia! I like the delicate multicolored butterfly backed with the lacy doily!!

Karen B. said...

So pretty! I use white card bases often, but I rarely use white as a design element.

Dawn Turley said...

So pretty Virginia. Great idea to use so much white on the butterfly

Bonnie said...

I love this butterfly with the white embossing! It is fresh and pretty! Love the doily and the script stamping with it! Have a great weekend, Virginia!

Melissa Friedrich said...

Pretty and colorful card, love the white embossing and doily and splatter.

Kelly Szafron said...

Very pretty card! I love the colorful butterfly with the white embossing and blue outline you gave it.

Harriet said...

Very interesting blog today. White...........I think we either see too much or too little. Too much causes us to fill in, usually too much. You've found a wonderful balance and the butterfly is lovely.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gosh, this is such a marvelous combo!
Love the butterfly on the doily Virginia!
xx

Miriam Prantner said...

That doily perfectly frames the butterfly, love it!

Barbara said...

This is so beautiful and I'm going to use this as inspiration to decorate some gift bags. Thank you!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty butterfly on doily, Virginia - love it!!