Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Work That Background

Hello friends!
Today's post is more about the background.
DSC_0353 (4)

 We all love using a good background stamp to create something unique and colorful.
s

I had a fun take on this stamp called Verdure (Penny Black).

I stamped the it with the help of MISTI and you know me, I love multi-colored stamping. After I did just that, I stamped in Versamark and applied Clear Embossing Powder. Once that's heat-embossed, I proceed to do Emboss Resist.  

Happy Birthday

You can see the shine from the clear-embossing. To add the interest, I decided to add a ink-sprayed butterfly (from Butterfly Trio) and stamped the sentiment at the bottom. And remember this thing called ribbons? Yeah, they are not used so much these days. I think it's a good fit here.

DSC_0349 (2)

As always, thank you for your feedback and comments.
I have a video coming up next (yay!!). See you tomorrow.
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case you are shopping over Simon Says Stamp. (shop here)
Check out some awesome SALES here.

26 comments:

Barb said...

Ooooo! this turned out so pretty, Virginia! Love all the colors you used! Gorgeous card! ♥

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Beautiful! Love the colors.

Dawn Turley said...

A beautiful background Virginia. Love the soft resist colours.

Jacqueline said...

Wow, how gorgeous is this - so inspiring once again!

Betty Keefe said...

love your card Virginia - beautiful colors and desing

Karen B. said...

Stunning!

WeiLin Hu said...

Virginia, this gorgeous card made me want to get this background stamp!

Donna said...

This is SO pretty. Virginia.
Can I ask... Do you 'multi colour stamp' your image all at once or a bit at a time?
Donna. X

Neha said...

Beautiful card! That butterfly is super gorgeous!

LauraJane:) said...

Magical Background Virginia!!

Harriet said...

Oh my, Virginia, your card sings. Your use of the butterfly is perfect; and, yes, ribbon the finishing touch. Wonderful!!!

Bashful said...

I love how you used this stamp! Your multi-colored background is gorgeous!

Keren Baker said...

What a gorgeous card. The background is beautiful. And yes, bring back the ribbons!

conil said...

I'll say that ribbon is a good fit...perfect for this extraordinarily beautiful card. Totally impressive.

Nicole Parmentier said...

Beautiful! I love the soft colors in the background!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your colorful vine background with that glittery butterfly!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful! This has such a wonderful glow to it!

Teresa Doyle said...

This is so beautiful Virginia, very elegant!

Kelly Szafron said...

Beautiful card! I love the colours you used.

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Lovely card as always!!
Hugs
Archana

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Virginia! Just beautiful!

Debbie Lindholm said...

Beautiful

Debbie Gaetz said...

that is so beautiful for summer; perfect! thanks for sharing!

Lynn Dalby said...

Lovely Card with beautiful colours.

Carolyn Servais said...

Absolutely, positively awesome.

Gretchen Wilson said...

Absolutely stunning!