Saturday, August 6, 2016

You're a Star, David!

 Hello friends!
Today is a very special day! My son David turns 22 today. Yeah, my baby is no longer a baby. He is now a very fine young man. I am dedicating this card to David since he is quite a bright and shiny star in my eyes!
s
For my card, I kept it very simple and utilized the Vented Star with pattern paper.
Close-up (2)

Once I made the die cut with the Vented Star, I cut it out and positioned it with the colorful stamped sentiment.
 
While David is doing his co-op job in San Francisco, he also maximizes his time in seeing more of  San Francisco and surrounding area. Every weekend, we travel vicariously through his photos. 
you're a star
David definitely shows his love and patience when he lived with my in-laws last Fall. He took care of their shopping and did errands with them. My in-laws enjoyed having him living with them and now they want David to find a job near them when he graduates!!!

 Here's a fun photo of David who did a half marathon last Sunday in San Francisco. David didn't train for the run until he moved to San Francisco for his engineering internship. He completed the run with a record of 1:45:39. Not bad for a first -timer, eh?
 Noticed the person behind David? Yup, that's FB founder Mark Zuckerberg. David and his friend passed Mark Z. during the run. They quickly snapped this photo after. A true San Francisco experience! Way to go, David! 
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case you are shopping over Simon Says Stamp....
~ use code 10AUGUSTTH8 to get 10% off of your entire purchase (shop here)

12 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Happy birthday to your David. He has grown into to a very handsome young man. He really is a Star!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Happy birthday to him! What a wonderful young man you have raised.

Karen B. said...

What a fun card!

Lin said...

Love the way this star looks cut from printed paper, Virginia! And oh my, David is changing! Happy Birthday to him!

Harriet said...

Wonderful b-day card for David. Wonderful photo too and David's wonderful smile. Your card is definitely perfect for a grown-up son. I like it very much.

Lisa said...

Oh, I love the stars on this Virginia, fantastic!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to David!! He sounds like a wonderful young man with a bright future ahead of him!

conil said...

Perfect choice of card for your baby...who is no longer a baby. A stellar young man with goals and aspirations who is definitely a credit to you and Dr. John. Yes, I'd say this star is who David is.

Susan F. said...

Happy Birthday to David. I really like that card.
It's a big deal for David to be running with the 'big guys' now, MZ. ;)

~amy~ said...

Happy Birthday to your boy!
What an awesome card! I love it!

Mary-Anne V said...

Congrats to David what a great accomplishment! Your children are really making you proud and what a wonderful thing mom and dad. Really wonderful card that you created with this beautiful die.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great photo of David w/his marathon medal - well done him!! Just love the vented star on patterned paper too - perfect for his bday, Virginia!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Way to go David! Great photo bomb and great card! I love the paper you chose for the star die cut!