Sunday, November 27, 2016

DIY Watercolor Paper

Hello friends!
It's no secret that I love creating my own color paper with mists/sprays..
Recently, I got a kick out of making my own watercolor paper.
Namely...stripes and plaid.

 I set out to create a few pieces of my own watercolor paper.
s

Now if you are considering getting a good quality overall watercolor set that are easy to use and will last a very long time...
I love the mix of colors and it also comes with metallic color (white, silver, gold and copper) <--see the bottom row).

These are my own DIY paper that I created while catching up on my TV shows.
DIY watercolor paper
After letting the paper completely dry, I put them under my magazines over night to flatten them out.
You then end up with BEAUTIFUL paper to use for your stamped images.

I took out one of the watercolor paper and created the following card.Merry Christmas

In order to keep the design simple, I only added vellum poinsettia as an embellishment.
DSC_0141


What do you think?  I hope this inspires you create your own watercolor paper....
DSC_0134

It really is easy and there is SO RULES for this (...well, just make sure you let the each color dry a bit before applying the next unless you want to mix them up....that's all!).

Here is the line-up for today:
Check out the SALE/CLEARANCE

(Click photo to shop)
s
Today is the last day for the free shipping!
FREE US shipping : SMALLBIZ
International: Get $7.99 off shopping with code SMALLBIZ
or
use code TAKFIVE for $5 off your purchase (till Nov. 28)

s
 4-Day Sale: November 25th - November 28th 
20% off All Stamp & Die Bundles (55 bundles available in the shop.)
Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

totally awesome Virginia. Your backgrounds are beautiful

Craftychris said...

Love your fabulous watercolour backgrounds and your card is gorgeous! xxx

creatingincolors said...

Whoa! Gorgeous! Gotta try these stripes!

Melissa Friedrich said...

Beautiful card, love your plaids!

Harriet said...

Wonderful, colorful....love this card especially the holly leafs.

Rachel A. said...

I absolutely love your watercolor backgrounds! They're so beautiful! I have those same watercolors, so I really want to try this. Also, I love the vellum ivy. It really adds to your card. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing!

alexandra s.m. said...

I think it is pure genius Virginia!
That's what I think ;-)

Lisa :) said...

BEAUTIFUL card!!!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Gorgeous!