Sunday, January 22, 2017

Create Motion with Splatter!

Hello friends!
Today I am introducing you a new die in stamping town.
s
Heart Drop Thin Die (Penny Black)
From the product photo picture, it's hard to see what the die is like. But it actually makes stitched lines (like dry-embossing) and does a full die cut with the hearts.

Happy V. Day

I always love the cascading effect by using colors and splatter. So I dabbed some Distress Ink and slightly blended them.

Happy Valentine's Day

I made sure that the colors overlapped a little bit. Since I made two pieces of die cut, I did some inlaid die with the small hearts (painted with Distress Ink and water).

I always keep a box (SSS Monthly kit box, to be exact) in my craft room. This comes in handy when I add inky splatter like I did for this card.
Happy V. Day (2)

If your Gold Wink of Stella pen is juicy, you can simply tap the pen to create splatter. When I added gold splatter, I used the Yellow Gold in  Ganzi Tambi Starry Colors (6) to create the gold splatter. By mixing it with a bit of water, you can create your own gold ink.  I partially covered this card with a piece of scarp paper to ensure the splatter falls on to the intended spot/area. 

close-up (2)
I hope my post inspires you to add splatter to your project! 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 NEW CHA-release products can be pre-ordered over Simon Says Stamp here. Use code "HEART" to get $5 off in your purchase.

23 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a gorgeous Valentine!

Susi K. said...

Love the soft touch with the ink splats, and yes, the technique does create the sense of falling "heart" rain. Superb card, Virginia.

graham Brand said...

What a beautiful card! I LOVE that new die.

Teresa Doyle said...

Aww Virginia, this is sweet. I love the hearts die but I am also loving the cute sentiment! Very nice job!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow I love this Virginia so pretty.

Lynn said...

Love how delicate this card is Virginia! PS Congrats on your Altenew DT spot. So happy for you!!

Sharon Jones said...

V, this card is SO gorgeous! I have made a special area on my Pinterest just for your beautiful creations. Thanks for the tip on the trailing splatters.
Hugs, my friend!
Sharon

Milka Gubo said...

Oh what a gorgeous card... Love it! :o)

Migdalia said...

I love the die!!Absolutely beautiful!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and I love that stitched line heart die you used.

conil said...

Wow! You've used that die perfectly. Who wouldn't need pretty little hearts raining all over them. I know I do.

Harriet said...

Lovely Valentine card. I am not very good with splatters; however, as you always inspire me, I will keep on trying.

Miriam Prantner said...

Stunning splatter and I love the coloring on the hearts!

My Paper Epiphany said...

beautiful! I love the pretty background too!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love that die and what you did with it, Virginia! The splatters add the perfect touch!!

Karen L K said...

What a great looking card! Love the dangling hearts!

Shelly said...

Oh, LOOOVE this!

Patt H. said...

Soooo pretty! Love the soft colors & that divine die!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness Virginia, this is the sweetest Valentine!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Such sweetness! Love your details and this die!

Sheila H said...

Totally gorgeous!

alexandra s.m. said...

Such a pretty, colorful and yet soft card!
Love the way you have placed the various elements Virginia.
It is so pleasing to the eye!
xx

Missy Pink said...

WOW Virginia, The beautiful colours are so warm and I simply adore this sweet valentine's card. X