Thursday, February 9, 2017

Express Love with Flowers and Hearts

Hello friends!
s
It is my turn to share DT projects with you over Altenew. It's always very exciting for me to share new projects, especially these are band NEW stamps from Altenew's January release!

Since Valentine's Day is just round the corner, I thought it would be fun to share my His and Hers Valentine's Day cards. Hopefully, this post will get your creative juices flowing. Now, what could be more perfect to express love with flowers and hearts?

s
Amazing You

Let's start with HER version.
Altenew_Amazing You_Virignia Lu

The following steps will help explain how I created this card:
1. hand draw a heart with pencil (you can use a heart shape)
2. stamp the leaves from Amazing You around the heart with Sea Shore Oval/Mini set
3. on a separate piece of white card stock, swipe Sea Shore and Rose Petal and let dry
4. stamp flowers, leaves and stems with Jet Black; fussy cut 
5. stamp sentiment in Sea Shore and Rose Petal
6. arrange and adhere the flowers around the heart
7. embellish with strings, sequins and Nuvo Crystal Drops.

Altenew_Amazing You_Virignia Lu

This is a great way to stretch your favorite Altenew inks! The best thing is the color will coordinate perfectly as the Altenew Inks and stamps did all of the work (wink!!).

Altenew_Amazing You_Virignia Lu

Next is HIS version.
s
Be a Lighthouse

Please know that this design will be also suitable for Anniversary, Birthday, Just Because... any type of occasion for that very special someone.
Stamp Project 20171 (2)

This time I made a heart die cut and used the negative part as the mask. I then started stamping with Be a Lighthouse within the heart shape. After stamping, I sponged the edges with Warm Sunshine and Cotton Candy. This will allow the heart to be more distinctive and pronounced.

Stamp Project 2017 (2)

  This one layer design is definitely no fuss and no muss and is perfect for a guy. You can totally leave out the sequins. I added them because I made a smudge!

I hope you find some inspiration in creating your his and her cards. Please feel free to leave me a comment in this post and over Altenew (especially Altenew...not too many comments there).

 Remember, one of the lucky Altenew commenters will have a chance to win $15 gift voucher to the Altenew online store. The winner will be announced in this blog on the last day of the month.  

Shopping info:
~Altenew (here), use code "SHIP7OFF" to get $7 off on all orders over $100.
~Simon says Stamp ( here), use "HEART" to get $5 off.

14 comments:

Betty Keefe said...

your heart and flowers card is gorgeous, Virginia - love it!

Valerija said...

Wonderful cards and stamp sets. Love them all.
Valerija xx

Brandi R said...

Wow! These are both gorgeous!! Love how you did the lighthouse scene ♥

Happy Dance said...

Delightful his and hers Valentines, Virginia! Fabulous designs, and thanks so much for sharing your techniques. They're just lovely. Bev

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

You are really amazing!! I just loved that first card...your stamping is fabulous.
Hugs
Archana

Harriet said...

Both of your cards are lovely. The lst is truly unique and the background excellent. The second is simply brilliant.

conil said...

I'm going to call you the Valentine Queen, if you don't mind. Both these cards are spectacular in their own way. Love the floral frame's (as you probably have figured out, I partial to flowers) color choices and that lighthouse is so perfectly colored I can almost smell the sea.

Sheila H said...

Virginia, these cards are amazing works of art. I love your fussy cut flowers framing the sentiment. The light scene is so peaceful and calm. The background is breathtaking.

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful designs! Can't even pick a fav!!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your floral heart wreath, Virginia, and what a fab lighthouse scene in the heart window!!

Denise Bryant said...

Lovely cards! Love the floral wreath you created, and your pretty lighthouse scene!

Lisa Elton said...

These are beautiful Virginia! I especially like the first one. The flowers make such a pretty heart!

Misty Elam said...

I'll leave you some love on both!!! These are gorgeous, Virginia!! I love your process breakdown on the "Her's" version. And the gold sequin on the left side is the perfect finishing touch. It's absolutely beautiful!! I'm dying to get my hands on more of those Nuvo drops!! I received a couple of them in the card kit a few months back, that I've been playing with, but I want some neutrals, like that pearly white one.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love how you created the heart floral wreath and love the sparkle on the guy version.