Sunday, February 26, 2017

Set of Cards with HEARTS

Hello friends!
I am sharing a set of cards that I made a while ago. 
This card set was made as a gift to friends. 
s
Line of Hearts by Penny Black

I decided to share my process photo and you can easily get an idea how I did it.
Basically I created my own rainbow colros with Distress Crayons

set of cards

You can use Bristol paper or watercolor for this purpose.
Heavy smooth card stock like Simon Says Stamp white card stock or
Neenah will work beautifully as well.

DIY paper with Line of Hearts die
I know Distress Crayons may not be for everyone. But the vibrancy and the fun factor of these crayons keep me coming back for more... I like to use my finger when spreading the crayons with a dab of water. I tried using paint brush and ink applicators, but it seems to me that good old handy dandy fingers are the best tool (they are free, too!).

One you have the paper, the rest came together easily.
set of heart cards



I know there are more ways of using this fantastic Line of Hearts by Penny Black.
I decided to leave the sentiment out for now and shall customize for the receiver when the occasion comes up.


I am visiting my aging in-laws this past weekend as they live 6 hours away from us. We spent some qulity time with them...mostly, we helped with bank stuff and took them out to eat every day. My in-laws insisted to live on their own. It is getting to be very challenging. We can only honor their wish and let them be as long as they can.


I miss making cards in the last few days and can't wait to dive back in. There are a ton of fun stamping events in March and I can't wait to share them with you! My Distress Oxide is on their way to me...I can't wait to try them out. Have you ordered yours?
(click on the top right side bar of Simon Says Stamp and off you go...)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
 



12 comments:

Karen B. said...

This card set is fantastic! Gorgeous rainbow.

Sharon Jones said...

Wow, V! You never cease to amaze me. I love this idea and just may have to CASE, my friend! Gotta get me some Distress Crayons, too. Hugs!

Missy Pink said...

Beautiful cards Virginia, very pretty and so perfectly done, love the stunning colours too. Hugs xx

Harriet said...

Such wonderful color. Thank you for the 'hint' use water and my finger. That I will do.

Migdalia said...

Gorgeous cards!! I love the pretty hearts!

conil said...

Wowzers...I'm going to have to try your finger technique with my crayons. It really works and I have been so unsuccessful using them...and I own a bunch. You certainly have mastered the method, though. Can't wait to try it.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous set of heart cards, Virginia - so colorful with the Distress Crayons!!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful cards, Virginia! I love the bright, cheerful colors! Taking care of parents can be so challenging. I'm sure it is appreciated!

Lisa Elton said...

These are perfectly delightful Virginia!

Purple Princess said...

Love the hearts!!

Misty Elam said...

Gorgeous set, my friend. You've really mastered those crayons!!!

Sheila H said...

Your distressed crayon backgrounds created lovely cards, Virginia. Those hearts are so delicately cut - they really pop.