Monday, February 20, 2017

Stamp a Motif (Part One)

Hello friends!
I am popping in to share how I used my stamps to create a motif. 
Hello Sunshine is the perfect stamp set for that. 
Shop over Simon Says Stamp here. 

s

  What is a motif? I googled the definitions and here's one of them.

Definition of motif : a usually recurring salient thematic element (as in arts); especially: a dominant idea of central theme. a single or repeated design or color 

HELLO

Instead of stamping each image one at a time, I laid out each stamp on my MISTI. When I placed each stamp, I tried to achieve a repetitive and nearly symmetrical design as much as I could. 

    hello (close-up)

    Once I am happy with the stamp design, I tested out by stamping on a piece of scrap paper. I re-arranged some of the stamps when necessary.

    The rest of the process were easy--gold embossing (Gold Embossing Powder, Ultra Fine) and coloring (Altenew Artist Markers, Set A). This method is perfect for mass-producing.

    DSC_0037  

    Since it is so easy to mass produce, I decided to create another project with the same motif and did something totally differently. Stay tuned for Part 2.  

    Edited: Hello Sunshine is just back in stock over Simon Says Stamp.

    You can still use "HEART" to get $5 off.

    Thanks so much for stopping by! 


    15 comments:

    Dawn Turley said...

    Very pretty Virginia. Can't wait to see version 2

    Rachel A. said...

    This is gorgeous, Virginia! I love the layout. Can't wait to see the next one! 😊

    Teresa Doyle said...

    Oh my goodness Virginia, this is BEAUTIFUL!

    Purple Princess said...

    Gorgeous card!

    Sharon Jones said...

    Wowee, Virginia...this is absolutely stunning! A must CASE. Too bad your video was unavailable when I came here. Hope to see it, soon. Hugs!
    Sharon

    Cindy C. said...

    So pretty!

    conil said...

    You balanced this perfectly...and colored it exquisitely. Such a truly beautiful card.

    Harriet said...

    So lovely....colors are so beautiful. Gold embossing and the gold strip compliment beautifully. Your balance-to my eyes- is perfect.

    alexandra s.m. said...

    Love what you have created with these new stamps Virginia!
    Very fresh and beautiful!

    Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

    Such a gorgeous floral, Virginia, and I love the little heart charm!!

    Sheila H said...

    The colors are so pretty. The gold embossing and gold strip across the card are dazzling. I'm looking forward to the next card.

    Lisaerica said...

    So beautiful, I love the colors you chose, so feminine and soft. Can't wait to see what you did with the other card. These markers are in my wish list, love them. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    Denise Bryant said...

    Love your colors on this beautiful card!

    Barb Ghig said...

    Oh, how I love this CAS card, Virginia! Your beautiful heart and gold border make this card sing...Love it so much!!!

    Kelly Keegan said...

    Love this card, Virginia! Beautiful design!