Friday, April 21, 2017

2nd Take with Aster (Build-a Flower)

Hello friends! 
First of all, thank you very much for your kind and uplifting comments in my previous post about the passing of my beloved mother-in-law (see here).­čĺö
Dr. John and I read each and every comment as they lift our spirit and comfort us.
There are so many things that need our time and care: funeral arrangement, informing friends and relatives, financial affairs, settlement of my father-in-law in the nearby retirement home...and their big house that is full. of ."stuff". ­čś▓ The task is daunting as you can imagine. But, we are not going to go there right now.

I dive right back in my card-making/blogging because it is therapeutic.
I am popping in with a quick post today.
 
s

This month's Build-a-Flower set is the beautiful Build-a Flower Aster
You can check out my previous post here.

Mt 2nd version involves a lot of stamping.
DSC_0255

Like most color-layer stamping, I did 3 layers of stamping with the focal point. Then I decided to do some background stamping. You may think the matching die was not used or needed. On the contrary, I used the die as the mask and was able to stamp the background very quickly. 

DSC_0261


In the end, I jazzed it up a bit by adding a hand torn glitter paper tape from Altenew Card Kit.
 And of course, a few splatter from the Gold Wink of Stella will not hurt.

Do you know about this awesome deal for making Father's Day cards?
s


This Best Dad Stamp and Die Bundle is 30% off right now till April 22nd.
If you don't have a set like this, this is a great chance to get those challenging masculine cards made!
($7 off on all orders over $100 with code "SHIP7OFF")

I will be sharing another project tomorrow over Altenew Blog. See you then.
Thank you for stopping by!


20 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Love that beautiful aster set! Gorgeous card with pretty colors!

Preeti D. (aka Preety) said...

Beautiful card :) sending love and light your way, stay strong.
Hugs
preeti

Glennis said...

A beautiful result Virginia

Dawn Turley said...

Just gorgeous Virginia. Love the soft background

Valerija said...

Wonderful card. Love everything about it!
Valerija xx

Teresa Doyle said...

This is really beautiful Virginia. And stamping at a time like this IS very therapeutic.
Take one day/task at a time and don't think about other things that need to be done until you are ready to do them. My grandmother always said "first things first" and it has taken me years to see what she meant! {{{HUGS}}} to you and Dr. John.

Hannelie said...

Beautiful Virginia! So clever to use the flower in a lighter shade to create the BG!

Maureen Morton said...

You are making this stamp come alive! What a great idea - using the die as a mask! Must try it. You can always come through with so many different "looks" for just one stamp. Keeping you in our hearts - you have strength that you have never had to tap. Wishing you peace. Thanks for sharing, dear gal!

Cindy C. said...

How very lovely, and you made it look so easy! Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

Sue LD said...

Beautiful. I like how you used the die as a mask and the strip of glitter paper.

Greta said...

Beautifully designed & stamped, Virginia! Good idea to take your time with all the tasks ahead of you. It is overwhelming, I know. Not sure what I would have done if my sister hadn't come to help when my dad died & 8 years later I still have things we moved to here I haven't gone through. My thoughts are with you & your family.

Janice Spaulding said...

Elegant card! Love the colors/technique! Thanks for sharing!

Joy Meadows said...

Beautiful card! Do what needs to be done now and wait for the other things. It is very therapeutic to stamp a card or two (or more) and gets you through the tough stuff. Hugs to you!

Harriet said...

Your card is so lovely. I think the 'background' is spectacular. I wasn't sure this stamp would be a favorite; however, in your talented hands the possibilities are endless. And yes it has become a favorite.

Pat Hoban said...

An absolutely gorgeous card, Virginia! Yes, stamping & coloring are very therapeutic. I am so sorry to hear about your MIL. It is so hard to lose a mom, no matter how old we are. My condolences to you & your family.

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely card Virginia! My thoughts and prayers are still with you. Just take your tasks one day at a time, God will see you though. Hugs

Kathryn Holden said...

What a lovely and imaginative card! Thank you for sharing your talent.

barbara macaskill said...

So sorry to hear of your loss! Remember that she is always with you in your heart and memories! Sending prayers and comforting thoughts to you and your family!

CinnamonSally said...

Such a gorgeous card Virginia, I am thinking of you at this difficult time!

Karen B. said...

Love how that bloom takes center stage! Beautiful!