Friday, April 28, 2017

Create a Frame with a Large Cling Stamp

Hello friends!

I love using MISTI and I love Distress Oxide.
When you have a stamp like this...
s

Spring Blossoms (Penny Black)
what do you get?

happy happy wishes

I gradually built up the frame by positioning it as far as the MISTI allowed me to. You need regular  MISTIfor this large stamp. I used just a few colors and was able to ink up different colors in each small area. Now that I really wish Ranger will come up with Mini Distress Oxide! It would be so much easier to do multi-color stamping. 

happy happy wishes (2)
Since it's stamped in Distress Oxide, I was able to clear-emboss it with Clear Embossing Powder without using Versamark. 
 
AND...

happy happy wishes-001

since it's stamped in Distress Oxide, I was able to color the small petals with a Small Watercolor Brush with the inks! Very cool, right? I truly had a great therapy session with stamps and inks! 
 By the way, for the two tiniest pink hearts, I used Bird Abode Metal Die and Nuvo Pink Embellishments Mousse. Very cool, right?  

You can find all the items that I use over Simon Says Stamp here.

Thanks for stopping by!
(Affiliate inks are applied. I truly appreciate that you use my links to make your purchase).

19 comments:

conil said...

I so admire your stamping skills...this layering is so very lovely. Gorgeously done.

Milka Gubo said...

Gorgeous card! :o) xx

Preeti D. (aka Preety) said...

V pretty card :)

Harriet said...

Very cool and very lovely. The simplicity of this stamp in your creative hands equals a lovely card. I purchased three oxide inks. You've given me a wonderful idea in using them. Thank you.

Glennis said...

Lovely! Iam just starting with oxides, and only have 2 so far.

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful design, you made me look at this stamp in whole new way!! Thanks for sharing.

Barbara said...

This is lovely!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a gorgeous design, Virginia! Your ink blending is flawless and I really love how you stamped the spring blossoms...so pretty!

Dawn Turley said...

Stunning Virginia. I haven't got the distress oxide inks yet but am impressed with what you have done

Teresa Doyle said...

WOW Virginia, this is SO PRETTY! Love the PB stamp you used. I wish you could get mini Distress Oxides too!

Pat Hoban said...

Love these wonderful flowers & the awesome design! Thanks for the inspiration. I'll be looking at my stamps in a whole new way!

Melissa Friedrich said...

Beautiful card, love your frame technique with these distress oxide inks, pretty coloring too.

Angela said...

This is beautiful! The colors and design are gorgeous. I hope making cards is a comfort to you right now.

Sue LD said...

Beautiful framing of this sentiment.

Nora N. said...

What lovely design!! That frame you created is stunning!!

pcm said...

love this. gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

This is gorgeous and overflowing with spring!! Love it Virginia!

Karen D. said...

such a pretty card mf...I have the new inks but haven't had time to play with them.
xx Karen

Purple Princess said...

so pretty!