Monday, May 8, 2017

Crayola Markers!

Hello friends!

First of all, thank you for you kind words and comments with my last post with my mother-in law's funeral. Everything went smoothly with the plans and we had a very meaningful memorial service at the chapel. 
I am popping in with a quick post about Crayola Fine Line Markers (yes, Crayola!!)
and it is only $7.99!

s

I know Crayola markers from my kids. These thin tip markers are actually amazing. They are part of the kit from this month's Simon Says Stamp May 2017 Card Kit (shop here)
DSC_0301

I used it much like how I use Zig markers. The Clear Wink of Stella is perfect to facilitate the coloring along with the markers. The result is much better than I had expected!  They actually BLEND and MIX really well with Clear Wink of Stella.

DSC_0305

To me, it is like using Zig markers. It is SO much cheaper! If you do not have Zig markers, these Crayola Fine Line Markers are something to try and consider.
DSC_0310
Of course, this works well with any watercolor paper.
What can I say? I am truly impressed with the Crayola Fine Line Markers!
Well, that's it for today.


Thanks for stopping by!  

11 comments:

Barbra said...

Hello Virginia, Sorry to hear about your Mom-in-law. Hugs to you and your family. I recieved your card, which was beautiful, with the Penny Black dies. Thank you so much for your kindness. Hope you have a pleasant day!

Purple Princess said...

wonderful coloring!

Lisa Elton said...

This is bright and cheerful! Good to know about the Crayola markers, thanks!

Sue LD said...

Thanks for this review--I may try them out.

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

Oh what a smart thing to try wink of stella with crayolas! My kids would love this! Altthough they love my tombows too and that would be very similar! :) I will need to get a few wink of stellas so we can all play together with them. Those cactus images are so fun! Thanks for sharing your creations with us!

conil said...

...and what an awesome result. Your skill at coloring, I believe. But have to say they look fabulous on your sweet card.

Harriet said...

I like this card........it's happy. Great idea - who knew Crayola markers. You try products and tell us what you think and this idea is not only intriguing but economical too.

Misty Elam said...

Hi Virginia!! I haven't even used these yet from the kit so I'm so happy to see them in action. They are nice and vibrant, I like that. I love how you used them.

Barbara said...

I bought a set of 50 CRAYOLA markers when my first grandson (age 14) came along and they lasted a long time. I bought another set when my two younger grandsons came along and we are currently using them. They are more light fast than I thought and a good value for card making, with lots of colors!

Miriam Prantner said...

These blend really well! Love the mixing of colors!

Shona Chambers said...

So glad to see this post as I was lucky enough to win this SSS kit and would never have thought to use the markers this way. Off I go to blend!!