Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Create a DIY Gift Bag and a Card (Altenew Post)

This is my 2nd post today.
For Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, please click here or scroll down.
------------------------------------------------------------
Hello friends!
It is my turn to share an Altenew project with you.
This time I am doing something other than a rectangle card.

a
April's Build-A-Flower Aster

Have you ever decorated a paper bag? I love using stamps and dies for this purpose.
Altenew File2

The white-embossed details from Build a-Flower Aster are amazing.
Altenew File4
 Can you believe all the colors are from the Altenew Shimmer Sprays?
Altenew File3

I love stamping leaves. The Altenew Ink and Shimmer Sprays are in perfectly matched and there is no guess work involved. I took the chance while my supplies were all out and even made a tag with the scraps, too!

Altenew File1

And that's not all...I made a square card with the same stamp set and die!
Altenew File5

 For the Aster flower here, I gold-embossed the image onto a heat-resistant acetate.
Hot Off The Press Acetate was used here.

Altenew File7

I know I can think of more ways of using the Build a-Flower Aster , but I will stop...for now.
Altenew File6

 I am looking forward to finding out May's Build-A-Flower!!
For the instructions of my how-to, please visit Altenew blog.
I would love that you leave me some love there....

Also, there is a promotion of paper and envelopes over Altenew.
s

48 Hours Only! Save 15% on ALL Papers & Envelopes now with code HAPPYMAY at checkout. 
Shop HERE >> (Not valid on prior purchases. Cannot be combined with other discount code.)

You can find all the supplies here at Altenew 
(Get $7 off with order over $100, use code "SHIP7OFF" )

and
 here at Simon Says Stamp.
Thank you so much for stopping by!

18 comments:

conil said...

Wow! That gift bag is spectacular. All those glorious, colorful asters are beautiful...then the tag and that simply gorgeous tag. I am definitely stealing...er...CASEing these ideas.

Denise Bryant said...

Love those gorgeous asters! Pretty colors on your gift bag, and a lovely card too!

CinnamonSally said...

WOW your gift bag set is absolutely gorgeous Virginia.

Harriet said...

Gift bag---what a great idea. Your gold mum is gorgeous. The trio on the gift bad simply stunning.

Glennis said...

Fantastic project! I love those flowers

Joy Meadows said...

Beautiful, Virginia! LOVE the gold square card.

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!!!

Karen B. said...

Gah! This is just stunning!

Brandi R said...

Wow these are gorgeous! Love the colors, the design, and oh that flower ♥

Nora N. said...

I LOVE that fun bag you made!! The square card ROCKS!!

Sue LD said...

So beautiful with the embossed flowers. I like the colors and the strip of gold.

Purple Princess said...

Beautiful!!

Angela said...

Virginia, This set is so pretty! The gift bag with the different colored asters is gorgeous- much nicer than anything you'd find in a store! I never would have thought to heat emboss an image on acetate and then cut it out with the matching die but it looks great! This whole ensemble is bound to put a smile on the recipients face no matter what gift is inside!

Misty Elam said...

What a clever idea!! I have never decorated a bag before... I might have to give that a try one of these days.. hmmm, the wheels are turning.. lol. Beautiful work, as always. Love it all!! Bag, tag and card!!

Valerija said...

Amazing projects. Love the flowers!
Valerija xx

Teresa Doyle said...

This Aster looks beautiful used for a gift bag. Your tag and card are awesome, I really like the gold on the card. Very pretty.

Miriam Prantner said...

Really beautiful bag! I love the florals and the sparkle from the glitter!

Melissa Friedrich said...

Beautiful bag and tag! Love the gold embossed aster and the shimmery ones, so pretty!