Tuesday, May 16, 2017

My 3rd Take with Build-a Flower Magnolia

Hello friends!

I hope that you love flower dies and stamps as much as I do...because...
here we go again!

But first, you must take a look at my neighbor's (across my street) magnolia tree!
Aren't they magnificent and exquisite?

With the yellow magnolia in mind, I was inspired to create today's card.

s
 Build-a-Flower Magnolia

I started out with stamping the partial background in Caramel Toffee with the outline stamp. It was magical as the outline has has SO many details.

you are amazing

I didn't do anything fancy with the layered image. I stacked up two more dies with the stamped one and basically created my own chipboard!

you are amazing-001

 I just highlighted the details a little bit with Gold Wink of Stella. Before I adhered the "chipboard", I carefully applied Rose Petal Ink and now I am loving the effect! 

you are amazing #1

Finally, it's a good chance to take advantage of the inky sale!

(click photo to shop)
s


 
Your comments do count toward my monthly $15 Altenew gift card giveaway! A random lucky winner will be announced on May 31st in this blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

cm said...

...sighhhhh! Your neighbours' magnolias are gorgeous; thank you for sharing the photos and talk about wonderful inspiration! As for your card: a stunning translation of these beautiful flowers! Swooning...
Hugs~c

LauraJane:) said...

I have never seen a YELLOW magnolia! Gorgeous!!

conil said...

OKAY! You had me at yellow. Just looking at this beauty makes me happy. Superb coloring and that blush of pink sets these blooms off perfectly.

Denise Bryant said...

So pretty! Love the colors on this card! The magnolia blossoms are just beautiful!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Just Gorgeous!!!!!!

Mary-Anne V said...

This is really pretty how you created dimension with the images on the base and the stacked main image.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the buttery yellow magnolias you created! This is a beautiful card Virginia. Make ALL of the floral cards you want to. You do them so WELL and I LOVE the inspiration!!

Karen L K said...

What a pretty magnolia. I've never seen a yellow one either. Such a pretty card!

Dawn Turley said...

Very pretty card Virginia. You have made beautiful Magnolias that's for sure

Teresa Doyle said...

Very pretty Virginia and I love the touch of colour behind the flowers it really makes them pop!

Purple Princess said...

Love this in yellow!

Susi K. said...

This is the perfect time to find Magnolia's in full bloom - but they don't last long! I've always loved them, so I myself purchased a yellow tree way back because it was so unique at the time. I was SO happy to see your lovely card in this colour, Virginia. Such a pretty Altenew floral set (again!).

Sue LD said...

So beautiful with the yellow magnolias and I like the background too.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love how you used the florals here in the background and the foreground, great inking too!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful use of color.

Melissa Friedrich said...

Beautiful magnolias card, I love the yellow ones!