Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Simon Says Stamp May Monthly Card Kit

Hello friends! 
I have a fun card to share today. 
When I found out about this month's card kit, I was intrigued.  
Whenever there is an interactive element, I often think it might be tricky to figure out...
it turns out it is super fun and easy. 
s
 You can find May Card Kit here.
  For the regular monthly subscription, please click here.

I usually shy away from making interactive cards...you know, they are fussy and can be time-consuming. With this grid line acetate paper (from Uchi's Design) that comes in the kit, you simply use the acetate much like creating a pocket card.

Here is my take on it.
DSC_0289

I used Stitched Rectangles to create the pocket and add a tag for the insert. 

With the Grid Paper Acetate paper, you can easily create the movement! Uchi's Design comes with grid paper and many other types of interactive designs.
2017-05-01
See!? It is as easy as 1-2-3!

The heart is a cut out from the pattern paper that comes with the kit. What I love most is the Crayola Fine Line Markers (yes, Crayola!!) and it is only $7.99.
I will share with you in a later post about these amazing markers!
s

You can see how it looks after pulling out the tag.

DSC_0291

I hope this post gives you some ideas on this monthly kit (shop here).
Thank you so much for stopping by!

9 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Fabulous Virginia.

Purple Princess said...

wonderful!!

conil said...

I know exactly what you mean about interactive cards...they can get really fiddley but you've pulled the rabbit out of the hat, so to speak. This is both sweet and clever.

Cindy Aguirre said...

I loved how you used the stamp set as an element on it's own outside the card. I wouldn't have done that, but the heart is pretty cool! Thanks for sharing!

Karen B. said...

How clever and fun!

Harriet said...

A truly interesting and unique card. I've not tried interactive cards. Methinks it's way above my comfort zone. Love the hearts, the butterfly paper is really cute. Looking forward to your take on the Crayola markers.

Sue LD said...

Very cool!

alexandra s.m. said...

Magical is what comes to mind! Love it Virginia!!

Miriam Prantner said...

These animation stamps are so cool! Great kit!