Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #420

s

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Hint of Pink Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Going Dotty

 We are using Stamping Bella products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-)

For my project, I am using Tiny Townie Garden Girl Orchid.

friends-001  

The details from the cling stamps are amazing. I had a lot of fun coloring the images.

friends

With my favorite watercolor medium Gansai Tambi Watercolors , it was not hard to make it colorful. I also used Prima Marketing Metallic Accent to add the shine. 
friends (3)

Since the challenge is all about dots, I took out the Halftone Stencil (Altenew) and applied Nuvo Embellishment Mousse. 

friends (2)
You can add the paste/mousse before coloring. I actually made the mask AFTER the coloring and did the stenciled paste afterwards. It worked, too!  The sentiment is from Friends of Life (Simon Says Stamp).

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
s
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
s
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.

s
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Lin said...

Love how you incorporated dots into this design, V! The colors are fantastic!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Virginia :-) the image is very cute and I love the stencilled dots, you were very brave to add those after colouring the image, I am sure I would have smudged ;-)

luv
Lols x x x

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful card my Friend!
Love that cheeky challenge ;-)

cm said...

A cheerful and oh-so-pretty card, Virginia! You've breathed colourful life into this image; I'm smitten with the dress, especially! I think this card lifted your spirits as you designed it and it's certainly lifted mine!
Hugs~carol

conil said...

Oh my Virginia...you really outdid your self this time. Such wonderful coloring and the dotty background makes the central image shine. Even the plaid card base adds to this little masterpiece.

Harriet said...

Lovely, unique card. I really like the background and you sure made the 'lady' colorful.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I LIKE this!! She is so sweet. Darling card Virginia!

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Oh, Virginia! This is STUNNING!! Fab coloring on the dress and I love how you added some texture to the background! Just gorgeous!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Teresa Doyle said...

So sweet!

Purple Princess said...

So fun! I love that stencil background!

Sue LD said...

Very cute with the polka dot background. I like your coloring too.

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a fun image and I love stenciling!

SonjaK said...

Wonderful card design, Virgina, as always. I especially love how you did the flower dress on this pretty girl.

Melissa Friedrich said...

Beautiful card with awesome watercoloring, love the stencil with Nuvo mousse background.