Monday, July 31, 2017

I am BACK....and Summer Sale over Altenew

Hello friends!

 I am BACK from my two big trips: first, it was an 18-day trip to Taiwan with my son David. Then Dr. John, David and I were off I go to Amsterdam for 3 days! From Amsterdam, we embarked a12-day cruise to British Isles. It was a very fruitful trip as I also met up with 3 beautiful and talented crafting friends from Liverpool.

Left to right: Virginia (me), Teheerah Atchia, Keren Baker and Lydia Evans (my Altenew teammate). We had some awesome time in a pub for a few sweet and happy hours! Dr. John, David and Lydia's lovely family were also there!

Meanwhile, back at home, my daughter Stephanie was busy working near the finish line toward her PhD  (Public Health and Applied Science) and that she should get her degree in less than two weeks! After traveling 68 days (in Asia and Europe), David is now ready to take on his 1st full-time engineering job tomorrow! I can't believe my baby  boy is officially joining the work force....!!

Dr. John and I are officially empty-nesters!!😐

 That means I have more time to craft!!? I have yet to find out. 😊

(Bruges, Belgium, aka the Venice of the North, photo taken on July 28, 2017)

It was a busy time to jam pack so much sight-seeing in such a short time.
While the sights are amazing, the food during the cruise was non-stop and fabulous, I miss being home and my crafting! I can't wait to share some more new and fun projects with you in the next few weeks!

s

(click photo to shop)
I am passing on some info about the sales over Altenew.

You can find the Summer Sale Collection HERE
This collection includes stamps, dies, bundles and more. Use code SUMMERSALE at check out.
(valid 7/31/2017 at 12:01am EDT through 8/2/2017)

$7 off on orders over $100 (SHIP7OFF)/ FREE US shipping on orders over $200.

Don't forget that Summer Blog Party is still going strong, remember to link up your summer creations for a chance to win a prize!!

I appreciate that you continue to visit my blog and enter the summer blog party challenge! 

(my pet Alexia and the Belgium Waffles)

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Betty Keefe said...

what a fabulous summer you've had! wonderful travels and two milestones in your children's lives!

conil said...

Wow! Don't you feel like a jet setter...Asia, Europe, the British Isles. Talk about a whirlwind. And the food...I'd be 50 lbs. heavier just because I'd want to taste everything...especially those waffles Alexa is enjoying.
Empty nesters are kept very busy, let me tell you. Always something to take care of, even though the kids aren't around. Stepanie is to be congratulated on almost completing her doctorate. And David so deserves this amazing full-time opportunity. You're a lucky lady to have such accomplished children...and I know you and Dr. John worked at it. Congratulations.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab photos of your trip, Virginia - thanks for sharing! So excited for David starting his career; I know you're so proud of him!!

Harriet said...

Your summer was wonderful...boy the Altenew sale is sure tempting!!!

Welcome David and best wishes.

Dawn Turley said...

What an awesome summer Virginia. And I just realised I should have clicked through here to Altenew. Spent up large directly on the site! Keep forgetting to use your affiliated link. Next time!

Sheila H said...

Wow, you had a fabulous summer, Virginia. Congratulation to your entire family - you all should be quite proud of your children's success.

Lisa Elton said...

Welcome back Virginia, sounds like a wonderful summer!! Best of luck to both of your kids!!

Teresa Doyle said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip and a fabulous summer.
I found the "empty nest adjustment" very hard even though I kept busy. I eventually found a balance and recovered from it. Hope you adjust quicker than I did! LOL

creatingincolors said...

What a busy and happy time for you!

Kristie Goulet said...

Welcome back, Virginia! Looks like you had an amazing time. Thanks for sharing some of your pictures. :)

Sue LD said...

Welcome back from your travels.