Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #430


s

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Use Plaid Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

We're Seeing Stars

 We are using My Favorite Things products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-)

For my project, I am using Stars Above

 This set comes with many lovely sentiment and I love that there are great for coloring! 

I thank my stars

I white-embossed the images on Neenah kraft card stock at first and added some colors with Distress Oxide. It didn't look like much at first. Once I applied more colors and added the popped up star, it begin to take shape.

I thank the stars

I applied Nuvo Silver Glitter Drops to the star with an old paint brush. To highlight the silver scheme, I silver-embossed the sentiment and added silver DMC strings.

I thank the stars-001

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
s
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
s
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.

s
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Virginia :-) the background is fabulous and I love the white embossed stars and colours, very pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lin said...

What a wonderful way to show the way the oxides look against kraft - love your combination of colors!

foleysfriend said...

LOVE this card. So beautiful. Guess I know what I'll be trying this weekend!

Charlene said...

What a wonderful design!!

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Stunning design and I love the touch of sparkle! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Harriet said...

Beautiful card. Your colors are superb!!! Your message is excellent.

Lisa Elton said...

Super cool and artistic Virginia!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your colorful stars, Virginia!! Gorgeous silver on kraft!!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! I love ink work it looks so pretty x

Purple Princess said...

beautiful

conil said...

Silver looks fantastic on kraft...it appears almost molten for some reason. The inks also look gorgeous with a dreamy effect. Of course, the Virginia touches make this card shine (no pun intended).

Sue LD said...

Beautifully colored stars.

Martha Herrera said...

WOW.. that's all I can say!

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh Virginia, you do such beautiful work! An amazing card.

Susi K. said...

What a super card, Virginia! The white embossing on kraft, as well as the soft sponging around the stars, really makes them pop!

Patt H. said...

Love this card!! Beautiful coloring!!

Vicki Finger said...

WOW WOW WOW! I missed this card before but it is just beautiful!