Thursday, August 3, 2017

SSS August Card Kit (Take 2)!

Hello friends!

I don't know about you, but I can always use a thank-you card.
During my past two big trips to Taiwan and British Isles, I brought along a few of my handmade cards and gave them away whenever needed. For example, I thanked each of our dinning room servers and Cabin Stewart with my cards at the end of our cruise. Needless to say, they loved and appreciated the cards! During this trip, I also surprised a Spanish family with my cards! I will always remember how much they love my creations. This is my small way of sharing handmade kindness.

Thanks

Today is my 2nd post about the SSS August Card Kit.
s
  Again, I am featuring this stamp set You + Me.
s
The August Card Kit comes with one Distress Oxide Ink: Cracked Pistachio. It is THE one that I reach for nearly every single time. Since I have an extra one, I'd love to add it to the stash for the giveaway (see here).

DSC_0024
Here I dressed up the angled stamped area by adding some sequins.

Key design element about this card:
~work with an angle
~stamping on pattern paper
~draw color inspiration from the design paper

thanks-001

I hope the above gives you some creative ideas! 
I will be back tomorrow with a special blog hop!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
edited: the new release "Encouraging Words" is now available, see here.
s
 
    

12 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Beautifully done Virginia. Love the design

Purple Princess said...

Very cool design!

Sue LD said...

Very nice of you to give homemade cards on your trip.

conil said...

Always a pleasure to see patterned paper used. This card is just how well it's pattern can be used to great advantage...with Virginia's touch, of course.

Sheila H said...

Love the design - especially the angled stamping! How sweet of you to share your handmade cards on vacation.

Martha Herrera said...

Awesome card! Thanks for sharing.

Harriet said...

Unique is the only word that comes to mind. I really like your idea for using pattern paper and Pistachio is the remarkable stand out. Well done and a really excellent reminder to travelers....a thank you card is a exceptional way to say thank you.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a great way to break up a pattern with that angled stamp, Virginia! Love this!!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you designed this card, Virginia! So many creative angles and your stripes with Oxide Inks is fabulous!
How nice that you gave away cards while traveling...such a great idea!!!

Shelly said...

Such a fun and sweet card!

Teresa Doyle said...

I love this Virginia, well done as ever!
Love that you took Thank you cards to give away on your trip. I did the same thing when we went away this summer as well. I knew we'd be staying at two places (with our DIL's relatives) so I wanted to thank them both for their kindness during our visit. It was fun to leave them in our room for them to find after we left! They so appreciated them. It is just a small thing to do to brighten someones day and let them know how much their kindness meant to you.

Pat Hoban said...

Awesome design, Virginia! Love the bright green!