Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Add That Metallic Shine to Watercoloring

Hello friends!
The post title might intrigue you...if so, that's good!
Most of us love a little bit of metallic shine in our projects. 
The followings products are awesome in adding that shimmer: Perfect Pearl, Wink of Stella....

 I started out with some serious coloring. When I say serious, that means...
using Color Pencils! You can, of course, use Prisma Color Pencils.

In my project, I used two packs of coloring pencils: Crafter's Companion Floral and
Crafter's Companion Primaries. 


love & hugs #1

I don't use color pencils enough and so I can not really say which kind ifs better, Prisma or Crafter's Companion. However, I do know that with patience, any good coloring can be done. I was determined to do a good color-pencil practice and this image took me over an hour to color.

love &hugs #2

I have this Prima Marketing Metallic Semi-Watercolor Cake for a while now and the other day, I used it again. After I did all that pencil coloring, it is time to add that shine.
s

Boy, I really like the shine it gives! The best part about this Metallic Ink Pad? It costs just $14.99 for all 12 colors. This is a great set if you do not own any water-coloring set. It is also a great add-on if you already have some other water-coloring supplies. Either way, you will have tons of fun and shine with your projects.

love & hugs

Stamp used in this project
Sketchy Floral (Simon Says Stamp, Altenew)

Here is my light bulb moment...

 Ding---> try using coloring pencils and a bit of watercolor shine 

Supplies used in this project: Sketchy Floral (SSS, Altenew), Bristol Paper, DMC String, Bazzill Vellum (40 lbs), Ranger Black Tie Enamel Accents, 
Moonshine Sequins (SSS).


I hope that you find this post helpful and informative. I have decided to try using highlighted text to link up the products with my affiliate shops such as Simon Says Stamp, Altenew and Concord & 9th. Due to the time constraint and cost (the linking tool alone can costs up to $30-45 per month), I think this is a viable choice for me and hope that you find it still easy to navigate.

Like PBS, I need your feedback and support.
Every time you use the highlighted links to purchase your supplies, I earn a small commission. This will encourage me to SHARE my hints, tips, trials and errors for FREE. Since I don't do online card-making classes, this is great way to keep me sustained in blogging.  
Thanks for reading this infomercial! 

If you use the highlighted links to make your purchase in the past, thank you SO much!
If you continue and plan to do so in the future, I will be very grateful.

Thank you for readers like you!

8 comments:

Harriet said...

So beautiful. Thanks for the encouragement to color using color pencils and the shine from the meltallic ink pad is a great hint. The stamp came yesterday and I plan to use it today. Maybe with color pencils.

Betty Keefe said...

lovely card Virginia - i've been using my pencils more lately too - and finding i really enjoy working with them.

Sheila H said...

Your pencil coloring is beautiful, Virginia. I wish I could use them even half as well as you do.

Sue LD said...

Very pretty. Love the colors.

conil said...

Gaaaaaah! Your coloring is just gorgeous. The flowers pop off the card beautifully. Wish I could see how much they shimmer. Thanks for the product information...need to order some of these. Off to shop.

Miriam Prantner said...

Lovely! These metallics are on my wishlist. I have a gold/silver set, but I feel like I need these too...

Joan V said...

Oh, I would love to watercolor this image. Your card is so pretty.

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful coloring! I have been looking at a set of metallic watercolors... love the look!