Sunday, September 10, 2017

Coloring with Alcohol Ink Marker!

Hello friends!!
I have some new toys lately and one of them is this Tim Holtz Alcohol Marker.

s

I never know that This Alcohol Ink Marker existed (had I been living under a rock?) even though I have 15 bottles of alcohol inks.
Well, it's never too late to teach an old dog new tricks!
So, I experimented alcohol-ink coloring with this stamp set "Blooming Bouquet" Altenew.
Shop Altenew here, shop Simon Says Stamp here.


Putting the Alcohol Blending Solution into the Alcohol Ink Marker's small opening was a bit tricky. However, once you follow the instructions and carefully remove the clasp with the nib, it is really easy to use. I think that I am happy with the result.

thanks

Because of the alcohol Ink, you need non-porous paper such as Alcohol Ink Yupo Paper.
This is another way of using your existing Alcohol Ink and now with the marker, you can COLOR with them! I wish knew this sooner... LOL

thanks #2

The sentiment Script Words Die 2 ( shop Altenew here, shop SSS here) was doubled up with Black card stock and Cherry Wood Paper.

thanks

 Alcohol Inks used are: Patina,  Sunshine, Flamingo, Citrus, and Botanical.

thanks #3

 You know, that's the beauty of this hobby....there is always something new to learn. Love that!


s

The Concord & 9th Bundle is now available here
(for US shoppers, shipping is free over $75)
You can find out all the details here.

edited: The Tim Holtz STAMPtember Stamp and Stencil is now
available at $35.98 here.
s

Thank you once again for stopping by!
There is a survey on the side bar (what you love about this blog), please feel free to give me your feedback. Much appreciated!

13 comments:

Betty Keefe said...

lovely card Virginia - i've been living under that rock too 'cause i've never heard of these markers (and i looked it up and they were introduced in 2009!!!)

Sue LD said...

I agree with Betty--I have been living under a rock too. I will have to check this out.

Purple Princess said...

Very very nice!!

Ela G said...

Hi,

that must have been a big rock, with all of us undere there. ;)
Love the look of this card!

Hugs
Ela

Teresa Doyle said...

This is so funny to me Virginia, as I seldom have anything current that the bloggers I follow are using. However, I have had one of these for about 4 years! LOL Before I had any Copic's, I used Bic markers and if I got any permanent marker on my EP, I would use this (filled with alcohol) to clean it off.
Your card is just beautiful, TFS!

Sheila H said...

I've never heard of this marker either, Virginia. You did a great job with it.

Harriet said...

I must be under a stone too as I have never seen this product. Wow, Virginia, you sure like to use alcohol inks so this find a treasure for you. Have fun!

conil said...

Have to get me one of those dern things. I, too, own scads of alcohol inks and this would definitely come in handy. It sure did when you used it on your incredible beautiful card. Those inks are so vibrant and alive they make everything pop. Also smitten with that wooden sentiment...gorgeous.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I've seen the alcohol blending pen but never bought one. Thanks for the inspiration - your card is gorgeous, Virginia!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is gorgeous!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Funny, I did not know this existed either, but I definitely want to try it!

Joan V said...

Beautiful card. I love the leaves and splatters in the center of the card. What a nice touch.

Denise Bryant said...

Another way to use alcohol inks... may have to check this out! I have lots of the inks! Beautiful card!