Saturday, September 9, 2017

Sketchy Floral ---Altenew Post

Hello friends!
Today's my turn to share some Altenew Post.
I sure hope that you are not tired of.....another project (or two) with Sketchy Floral.

s

Shop Altenew here 
Shop Simon Says Stamp here

Like I mentioned in my previous posts, this is by far the largest floral image that I have ever worked with. And what a JOY it is!

Today's card is a delight to create. I love stamping the images in multi-colors.

Today's post is about using the gorgeous outline stamps such as Sketchy Floral Stamp Set. I have two cards created with this stamp set and I hope that this will get your creative juices flowing!
Do you know of the sign of a good stamp?


A good stamp allows you to interpret however you want with your choice of medium. There is no right or wrong way of using it. You get to own that creative license and create something that is unique and totally YOU! To me, Sketchy Floral Stamp Set is just that.
Altenew File

In my first card, I swiped a few ink colors across the stamp and inked up the paper. The inks I used are Glacier Caves Oval Set, Seashore Oval Set, Rose Petal Oval Set, Warm & Cozy Oval Set and Green Fields Oval Set. You can definitely use the Mini Ink Cube for this purpose as well.

Altenew File1
 Once I inked up the outlines, I applied the same links on the acrylic blocks and proceeded to do some light coloring with a thin paint brush. To keep the design interesting, I applied a very small amount of embossing paste onto the Halftone Stencil over the flower petals. Those white tiny dots are lovely, aren't they? Note to myself: get those stencils out and use them!

Altenew File3

If you opt for a simple and stress-free technique, the next card is perfect for that. I love paper-piecing and Altenew's 6x6 Refection Paper Pad offers so many great choices for paper-piecing.

Altenew File4

I simply stamped the images onto the paper pad and fussy cut them in front of the TV...and after the show, I stamped the image and assembled the flower petals to the card front. How fun and easy is that!?

Altenew File2  Are you now convinced that Sketchy Floral is an AMAZING stamp set? We didn't even touch the surface about coloring...can you imagine the possibilities? I know, right!?

Lastly, don't forget that Altenew is having a SUMMER SALE!!

s

Use code WELOVEU25 for today's deal!
 If you like to check out STAMPtember over Simon Says Stamp, here is the latest!

Please visit Altenew Card Blog and leave me some blog love!
Thank you so much for stopping by!

11 comments:

Harriet said...

Lovely Virginia. That stamp is on its way to me. The paper pad is really wonderful;however, it's the dots. You are brilliant in your use of material!

conil said...

I do love that stamp and your cards, hopefully, will get my juices flowing better than they've been doing recently. The first card is so beautiful it almost hurts to look at it...really shows off your stamping and coloring skills. Then to top it off with paper piecing...brilliant. Hadn't thought of it but it makes such a lovely card.

alexandra s.m. said...

so beautiful and poetic!
Love them Virginia!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Virginia! Especially love the effect of the texture paste dots on card 1 and the sequins on card 2!!

Sue LD said...

I like the pretty versions you made.

Purple Princess said...

I love the added dimension on the first one!!

Sheila H said...

Gorgeous!

Miriam Prantner said...

I have been wanting this stamp set and you're not helping! Love the piecing on the second!

Angela Walters said...

Both of these cards are so beautiful, Virginia. You did a wonderful job creating both of them!

Joan V said...

Oh my, I just love this image. My style is more like your first card. Love, love the carefree and peacefulness of these cards.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the color combos! Beautiful stamp set!