Hello friends!
I am popping in with a happy and chirpy card today.
The stamp set "Just Looking" is the perfect set for this.
I wanted to utilize the leaf stamp and decided to stamp a background with it.
I am popping in with a happy and chirpy card today.
The stamp set "Just Looking" is the perfect set for this.
I wanted to utilize the leaf stamp and decided to stamp a background with it.
The word "magical" is part of the die that comes with this "Just Looking" Die set.
Once I stamped the image with various colors, I drew out the colors from each area and added some more colors.
I am not sure if you can see it, but I also ran the bird die through the embossing Mat and made a dry-embossed image around the birdie.
Ding--->
Coordinating dies are not just to save you fussy-cutting....
You can do the following:
1. die cutting: (the most obvious reason)
2. stenciling: create your own acetate/paper stencils with positive and negative die cut
3. masking: you can mask the images with the dies
4. dry-embossing: you only need to add a tan-embossing mat and ran it through the die-cut machine
5. tracing the outline: to add extra interest, you can simply trace the line outside the die
I hope today's post gives you some food for thoughts.
If you can, please stop by Penny Black Blog today and leave me some blog love.
You see, I have a few cards that are being featured today! 😀
Scrapbook.com has a promotion on. SAVE 20% to 50% on ALL Card Making Supplies!
You see, I have a few cards that are being featured today! 😀
Scrapbook.com has a promotion on. SAVE 20% to 50% on ALL Card Making Supplies!
3-day Card Making Sale! This sale ends on Thursday, April 11th at midnight MST, so shop now for the best selection!
Thank you so much for stopping by!






Another beauty, Virginia - love your "signature" color palette and the detail on the bird is fabulous. I love how your added yellow across the bottom seems to glow!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card! I love your light bulb moments!!! Great idea with the die cuts!
ReplyDeleteSuch a darling card, and yes I saw the dimension on the cute bird, I just didn't know it was dry embossing!! Well done!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and thanks for the food for thought.
ReplyDeleteI am partial to our feathered friends, so your card really speaks to me. Simply lovely. Your hints are helpful!
ReplyDeleteMagical is a good word to describe this card. Your superior coloring skills are very apparent here. The card is just lovely. Of course, as you know, I partial to birds.
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous Virginia!! I love the color and style of this card, as always the inspiration from you is awesome. I love light bulb moments and this is some great DINGS thanks for sharing them, I can't wait to try them :)
ReplyDelete(mardy14@bellsouth.net)
Great ideas for using the dies in additional ways! Love your pretty card!
ReplyDeleteLove your sweet card. Magical was a good choice for the sentiment for sure! I love how you colored the bird..
ReplyDeleteHmmmm, fun ideas for use of dies. Gorgeous card. Hugz
ReplyDelete