I am sharing a simple way of adding colors to stamped images.
Hummingbird Day(Scrapbook.com, Simon Says Stamp)
I am using TWO sets of Spellbinders stamps (Stampendous Collection) to create a background. As you can see these images are great for coloring. You can check out the March release HERE.
I nearly bought Distress Watercolor Pencils (still on my wish list) and would have loved giving these a whirl...however, I just used my good old Distress Oxide to color these lovely images.
If you have not tried coloring with Distress Oxide, you must give it a go. All you need are a few ink pads and watercolor brush or/and paint brushes.
Here is a simple how-to:
1. dab the Distress Oxide Ink onto the acrylic block or any nonporous surface
2. use waterbrush like this or paint brush with wet tip
3. mix the ink and adjust the water/ink accordingly
4. you can mix colors as long as it's somewhat dry, or it may turn into a muddy color
5. re-stamp the images if possible: if you use MISTI or StampWheel (Altenew or Simon Says Stamp), simply leave the stamps on and re-stap the images after coloring. This will help your image to pop and stand out more.
I hope my simple how-to re-fresh your ideas and provides some inspiration. I appreciate that you shop through my affiliated links at no additional cost to you(all texts links to products). Be sure to check out the shopping cart over my side banner link.
Thanks for stopping by!
The following items caught my eyes and are worth checking out.
Spellbinders offers 72 Hour Flash Sale. check out HERE
Check out the shopping cart HERE
love the card, it's so colourful!
I have all the tools you have mentioned
so I might just try this (with different stamps)!
Pretty images and colors! I bought one set of the watercolor pencils to try out, but haven't had a chance to do it yet. Great idea to use your oxide ink pads!
Beautiful. I haven't tried painting with the oxides yet. great tip about the restamping.
I love this idea! I have to try it! Beautiful!!!
Gorgeous designs. Thanks for the ideas!
Really pretty. Definitely a good tip to re-stamp after you color an image. I just always forget and take the stamp off!
Post a Comment