Wednesday, February 7, 2024

To Die Cut or Not To Die-Cut....

 Hello friends!

I am BACK after taking over a month-long break. First, I went back to my home country Taiwan for two weeks. Then near the end of January, I took a cruise to the Caribbean. The warm weather and sea air, relaxing time on the ship, Dr. John and I had a fabulous time. I have not taken a this long of blog break since 2009. I am hoping to get back to share more new and exciting projects. Thank you for hanging out with me here.

My project today has some die-cutting.... I enjoy stamping and sometimes, I just want to let the stamping be the focal point. However, with the convenience of die-cut, I do want to make good use of the dies. After all, they are expensive.

Cupped Flowers Stamp ( Simon Says Stamp HERE)

Cupped Flowers Die Set (Simon Says Stamp HERE)

 For today's post, I am using Cupped Flowers as the example.  This stamp-layering set is easy to follow. by using the guide, you are able to stamp the flowers with depth and dimensions.

love you

In order to keep the stamping as focus, I die cut the flowers and added many layers of dies (without any stamping ) for dimensions.

love you -001

To add interest, I ink-blended the the background with teal ink. This is such an easy way to add colors and contrast. Notice that I still kept the white bits of dies (within the branches and flowers)?

love you -002

I like the details of the small bits of die and kept it white as a contrast to the background.

DSC_0004

Have you tried adding pieces of dies  (instead of foam) for dimensions?

love you -003

I have one more card with this set of stamp and die.  Hope your enjoy today's inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by!

Scrapbook. com offers....


  Use coupon code LOVE to take an EXTRA 6% OFF your entire order on top of our current deals.

Altenew sales:Save BIG on Must-Have Crafting Items! Enjoy limited-time deals on fan-favorite stamps, dies, inks, stencils, washi tapes, and more! Enjoy up to 45% off . Click here to check out

9 comments:

Linda BL said...

Very pretty card! Love the background color with the colors in the flower. Glad to have you back from your travels!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Glad you had a fun break, V - bet you had a wonderful time!! Just love your cupped flowers with the soft wash & splatter behind!!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful! Love this pretty floral design and the colors!
Glad you enjoyed a break with some travel time! That sounds wonderful!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Virginia. Glad you had a great break and have come back refreshed and raring to go... this one is stunning.

ionabunny said...

Hi Virginia, hope you are fully relaxed and refreshed after your holiday. Gorgeous card. Hugz

Sue D said...

Pretty card. Glad you had a nice time on your trips.

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

It's very pretty and I love it!

Kathy Raker said...

Very pretty! It's nice you had some fun time away.

Ms. Tamp said...

I do like this set and idea shared!