Hello friends!
I am back (finally) with some inspiration with dies and Alaska photos! First, let's look at the die set that Spellbinders has come up with.
First up, it's the Layered Iris Die (Shop Scrapbook. com here, Simon Says Stamp here)

Stitched Edge Circle Backgrounds Etched Dies are part of the Spotlight Frames and Florals Collection by Lisa Horton. This set of four thin metal cutting dies cuts a combination of solid circle, ring, and decorative circles in lattice and chevron designs. Who doesn’t love circles with stitched edges?! Combined with BP-187 Spotlight Circle Duo Press Plate, it gives the circle more interest and dimension.
With all the two sets of dies, I created a textured layered background. I added vellum for the extra subtle textures and interest.
Silver goes well with a cooler tone such as blue, lilac and purple. That's exactly what I did here.
The stitched outlines from the Stitched Edge Circle Background Etched Dies provide such details to the design.
I also added a touch of lilac color in the background. The vellum highlight the colors and details fabulously.
The sentiment from You Make Me Smile Die Set has everything you want in layering.
Finally, with Dr. John's permission, I am sharing his breathtaking photos from Alaska cruise. This photo of helicopter was taken in Skagway, Alaska. It reminded me of scenic cards I made...
The scenic views truly were stunning. We were lucky that the weather was pretty good nearly every day (except in Juneau).
More Alaska photos to come next. Thanks for stopping by!









5 comments:
Beautiful card! I love the iris and the textured background! Wonderful photos of your trip too!
Pretty iris and I like the circle background and colors. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Beautiful iris card, Virginia! I still have those old individual petal dies by Spellbinders; this looks much easier!! Love the Alaska photos too - more coming? Hope so!!
such a stunner Virginia. And love the photos from Dr John. They are amazing.
Beautiful layers! The pictures are amazing!
Post a Comment