Monday, February 26, 2024

Use Your Household Item for Crafting

Hello friends!

I am super excited to share today's project. My pace of blog-posting is not as fast as before, but my heart is still in this blog and I still have the passion for paper-crafting.  I finally gave in and ordered myself a BetterPress! I absolutely love the clean and crisp images from the BetterPress system. I look forward to sharing more with you about BetterPress.

Here is the closeup of my project.hello -002 

 Today's collection is absolutely amazing that you can easily use any craft supplies that you have on hand. It occurred to me that I can use one of the common household items....

Shop Through the Arbor Garden Collection at Spellbinders, Scrapbook. com
 
In my project, I am highlighting the Carnation Die (shop Spellbinders, Scrapbook. com

hello 
 
About the Carnation Etched Dies: This set is from the Through the Arbor Garden Collection by Susan Tierney-Cockburn. Assembled, this set of three thin metal cutting dies creates a wonderful and delicately ruffled multi-petaled blossom. Finished Flower with Foliage measures approximately 0.75 x 2.75 x 3.00 in./1.90 x 7.00 x 7.60 cm.

As you can see the colors of the carnations are super vibrant and the petals are thin and fluffy.
hello -003
 
The carnation paper? Wax paper. I have lots of exam room paper from Dr. John's office. These wax paper are not super thick, but it's still durable. I inked up the paper with Alcohol Pearl (like this and this and this).

hello -001 
 
I was so pleasantly surprised that with so little effort ( simply inking up the wax paper with Alcohol Pearls and die cut), the results are fantastic. I enjoyed creating these projects that I made another. I will share the process photos in my next post.

✨ Use coupon code SPRING to take 6% OFF any order.
✨ OR! On Orders $100 or more, use coupon code SPRING to take 10% OFF.
 
hello -004 
 
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Dawn T said...

Your carnations look so realistic using the thinner wax paper. What a great use of this medium. The card looks amazing Virginia.

Lin said...

What beautiful results, V! Thanks for the inspiration!

I Card Everyone said...

Virginia, I LOVE your paper carnations! I think it's brilliant to use that paper from John's office - a bit heavier than the kitchen waxed paper, right? It took the ink so beautifully!
=]

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

Very pretty, and clever idea!

Sue D said...

So pretty!

Denise Bryant said...

Love the trellis and beautiful flowers!

Sharon Ann said...

Beautiful