Friday, February 17, 2023

Altenew February 2023 Marvelous Monthly Series Release Blog Hop + Giveaway ($300 in Total Prizes!)

 Hello friends!

It's time to share this month's marvelous monthly subscription with you. The latest news is that Altenew now offers the Ultimate Subscription Plan.
We are celebrating this month's Craft Your Life Project Kit, Build-a Garden, Craft-a-Flower, Paint-a-Flower and Mini Delight, with a blog hop! If you arrive from the blog of Jolita DeSouza, you are in the right place.


For details and inspiration of this hop, please visit Altenew Card Blog. I have TWO projects to share and hope you enjoy seeing how the designs came about.

Altenew-Craft-A-Flower Himalayan Blue Poppy-Loving Birds 3D Embossing Folder

I was drawn to the large textured petals and leaves of the Poppies. All you need to do is die cut and assemble. You can keep the color scheme simple.
 
Altenew-Craft-A-Flower Himalayan Blue Poppy-Loving Birds 3D Embossing Folder -002 
 
For the background, I dry-embossed the cardstock with Loving Birds 3D Embossing Folder.
Isn't it cool just to show off the textures of the leaves and flowers (without the lovebirds)?

Altenew-Craft-A-Flower Himalayan Blue Poppy-Loving Birds 3D Embossing Folder 
 
I decided to ink and spray the petals and leaves. First up, it's about the inking. With first ink-blending the leaves and petals, you get a great mix of colors. It is also easy to control the shading and depth of the colors.

Altenew-Craft-A-Flower Himalayan Blue Poppy-Loving Birds 3D Embossing Folder -002 
 
Next, it's about making the colors look natural and organic. I took out Altenew Iridescent Shimmer Ink Spray.  You do not need to own every color of the ink spray, however, this Iridescent Shimmer Ink Spray is definitely great crafty arsenal. 

Altenew-Craft-A-Flower Himalayan Blue Poppy-Loving Birds 3D Embossing Folder -003 
 
The mixture of the spray gives shimmer and water. The spraying allows the colors shine. The water droplets made the images even more interesting. Once dried, it's time to assemble and embellish! Done.
 
Feature product #2: Paint-A-Flower: French Marigold, Mystic Garden Artist Alcohol Markers Set J

Altenew-Mystic Garden Artist Alcohol Markers Set J-Paint-A-Flower French Marigold

I am loving the colros from Mystic Garden Artist Alcohol Markers Set J and decided to practice coloring.
Altenew-Mystic Garden Artist Alcohol Markers Set J-Paint-A-Flower French Marigold (3)

This card was my first try with the new Mystic Garden Artist Alcohol Markers Set J

Altenew-Mystic Garden Artist Alcohol Markers Set J-Paint-A-Flower French Marigold (4)
 
 I love the ease of using the various shades of the same colors in one set. I like the result and didn't find it terrible!! I did have a surprise use of Maple Dots in Maple Washi Tape.... I think it brings out the colors even more.

Altenew-Mystic Garden Artist Alcohol Markers Set J-Paint-A-Flower French Marigold (2)
 
What do you think? I am loving the addition of Dots in Maple Washi Tape.
👉👉A reminder: you can now get the Altenew Ultimate Subscription Plan.
 
Shop the kits in the following affiliate links at no additional cost to you. 
 
Mystic Garden Artist Markers HERE
 Craft-a-flower Himalayan Blue Poppy HERE
Craft Your Life Eclectic Bouquet HERE
Build-a-Garden Morning Asters HERE
Spark Joy Lily Bouquet HERE
Paint-a-flower French Marigold HERE

Giveaway Prizes: $300 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a GRAND PRIZE-- the Full Release Bundle to ONE lucky winner and a $25 gift certificate to 4 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 02/22/2023 for a chance to win. The grand prize winner will be chosen from comments left on the Altenew Card Blog. The winners will be announced on the Altenew Winners Page on 02/24/2023

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Your next hop is the blog of Caly Person. Thanks so much for stopping by!

55 comments:

mel h said...

You are right, the washi makes the poppy card just perfection. So pretty.

Linda BL said...

The Himalayan Blue Poppy card is so pretty! The ink sprayed petals add so much depth to the flowers. Love the flowers paired with the new embossing folder design.

wendy miller said...

I love that you use the embossing folder and then put the flowers over it, it really made the card pop. I also love the iridescent spray, I love stuff that gives cards that little extra something.

Alicat said...

I love all the different things you used to create color and textures! So very exciting and inspirational!

sharon g said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the first card with the different colors you used on the flowers. WOW!!!!

Maria Giselle B. said...

Love how you used the new products. Love the coloring in both of your cards.

Marcia said...

Your cards are beautiful. The way you created the colors on the dies is beautiful. i agree the texture created with the embossing folder adds the perfect subtle background to the flowers.

Florence Lim said...

Your cards are simply gorgeous. Altenew has certainly outdone themselves with this release. Love it all.

Susanbcards said...

The Himalayan Blue Poppy is so incredibly beautiful! Thanks for sharing your work.

Sra. Spitzer said...

Dear Virginia - Your Himalayan Blue Poppy is a stunning card! Wow! I also like the French marigold card. This release has a great deal of awesome items in it!
Lori S in PA

Laura McPherson said...

Virginia, I love your cards! They are beautiful and inspiring. My favorite is the first card. I like the look of the embossed flowers in the left corner along with the die cut flowers. This card speaks to me! Thank you for sharing your expertise with me.

Shawna said...

The poppies are amazing! If you had to pick one flower die to purchase, which would it be and why?

Dottie J said...

I love the flowers on the embossing folder! Great idea!

Mary Holshouser said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the
depth you got with the die
cuts of the blue flowers.
thanks for sharing.

Patty Ann said...

Love the florals on the matching embossed background in stark white.

Deborah Hellman said...

Gorgeous cards. I love all of the interesting details.

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

These are both so pretty! The colours are
gorgeous, so is the embossed background!

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous floral designs! I'm really loving the beautiful poppies and the colors you used! Lovely French marigolds too!

Jayne said...

Amazing!!!!!! The depth of that first card is so gorgeous. And may I say the colors are fantastic!

Chaos & Happiness said...

The poppies are my favorite! Gorgeous cards as always!
Love the washi tape too!

Dfrank said...

Virginia, love your cards! The Poppies and Golden Marigolds are so beautiful!

Dawn T said...

Just amazing cards Virginia. I really love that first one... the blue flowers are so pretty and look amazing against the white embossed background. Just love it.

Sadia Ashraf said...

Beautiful cards!

MadeByMeghanK said...

These are gorgeous! I LOVE the embossing folder and gold thanks!

stampingvickisvisions said...

Lovely cards, the longer I hop …oh my!! They are all so beautiful. Altenew had done it again with such gorgeous products and the designers have done a wonderful job of showcasing all the goodies. Thanks for the opportunity to win this lovely release!!

Rainy2d2 said...

lovely work

I Card Everyone said...

... your thanks with those gorgeous Himalayan Poppies is the most beautiful card of all! You know by now that I cannot resist these layered die sets!
So beautiful, Virginia! xx
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cards Virginia! I love them!

NPurdum56 said...

Very pretty cards! Thanks for sharing!

Linda D said...

Your cards are so pretty and colorful.

SallyJ said...

I just started to get into card making and I’m just loving these.

Jeanne Beam said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the colors of the flowers.
Thanks for sharing.

Margi Marie said...

The Marigold card is so lovely. I do think the washi tape is perfect there. All these projects are beautiful Virginia. Thank you!

Margery C said...

Amazingly beautiful Blue Poppy card. Your right it’s the flower that’s the star of the show and keep the rest simple.

Cyndi said...

Beautiful cards I think the Craft-A-Flower Himalayan Blue Poppy may be my favorite from this fantastic release!

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous Poppies and Marigolds! The color choices are splendid too.

DorothyA said...

Such pretty cards! I love the first one- with that textured background and beautiful petals. Delightful!

Maureen Reiss said...

Both of these are Really Beautiful!!!!

Joy Meadows said...

Love the color blue, Virginia, so the first card is my favorite. But the second card is beautiful, too. Altenew has done it again - love this new release.

Sandy Baggarly said...

Such pretty cards! Love the poppies.

Nandini said...

Thanks for the amazing inspiration. The Himalayan Poppy is my favorite product in this great release!

GreeneGoddess said...

I alte-knew I would love this release...and I was right. The gorgeous blue poppies are so stunning, and I love what the shimmer spray does to the petals. My favorite in the release is the French Marigolds!!! And your coloring makes those marigolds explode off the page! Love it! 💜💜💜

kathy c said...

Love your cards. The die cut pieces are amazing.

TRogers said...

I love the white embossed flowers behind the die cuts ones. Such a subtle way to add to the card.

Renee V said...

Beautiful, love the dimension and colors of the petals!

bzyPTmom said...

I love both of your cards but the colors of the first are amazing--so pretty!

Jennifer said...

This POPPY CARD! super duper!

Aymee B said...

I really like how you do your compositions. The first card has so much interest with all the coloring techniques on the die cuts against the texture of the white embossing to make a full floral layout. And poppies are always my favorite flower! Love that red paired with the kraft cardstock which makes the card charming and lovely. Thanks for sharing how your created your cards!

Linda Wood said...

Your blue poppies card is lovely and thank you for the how-to tips. I love the orange card, too.

Bo Gilmore said...

Hi Virginia. I really love your color choice for the Himalayan Poppy flowers. Your ink blending and shimmer spray makes them look very realistic. I like your color choice for the French Marigolds card and the washi tape is a unique touch. I am looking forward to your next creations.

Stacey Kowbel said...

Beautiful cards! I really love the thanks card!

Amy Solovay said...

These cards are both gorgeous, but I especially love all the wonderful textures on that first card you posted. The subtle color changes on the flower petals and leaves are really lovely, and so is the embossing. Super inspiring work!

Carole McK said...

Beautiful cards! The addition of the shimmer spray on the first card added so much to it. I love it.

Cindi G said...

Your beautiful projects are amazing. I love the texture and the colors!

Connie said...

I'm lovin' all that texture on your first card!!!