Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Creating with Solid AND Outline Stamps

 Hello friends!

I am sharing TWO project that were 100% stamped. By using the solid and outline stamps, you can achieve a colorful and detailed result fairly easily. There are so many ways of approaching the use of solid and outline stamps.

This stamp set from Alex Syberia Designs provides a great example of solid and outline stamps. 

Shop stamp set: Alex Syberia Design, Scrapbook. com, Simon Says Stamp

 Shop die set: Alex Syberia Design, Scrapbook. com, Simon Says Stamp

I started out with stamping on a light rose color cardstock.

 watercolor flowers

 Using colored cardstock is a good way to make the colors pop and help achieve a unique style and look.  I chose a light pink cardstock which makes my design look like a wallpaper!

watercolor flowers -002

 With the help of MISTI, I stamped all the flowers with Distress Oxide.  I then took a liberty to add triple white dots with pens like this. 

Watercolor flowers -003

  I love the look of white dots in this. Unfortunately, I messed up one spot (top right) and there is no way of erasing the mark. So, I left it as is...... it is definitely handmade!

watercolor flowers -001

 My next card ? I decided to include the outline and kept the background white. I also stamped with the gold pigment ink like THIS.

outlines

 In this one, I added three silver dots in each cluster. 

 outlines -001

 The details of these outlines really come through. LOVE the look, too!

no sentiment

 Do you have a favorite version?

Last but not least, here is my other version with this stamp and die set.Untitled design - 1

 All the latest sales and promotions are listed on my right side bars. I appreciate that you shop through my affiliated links. Every bit of commission helps with running this blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Vikki H said...

I like these options! Sometimes when I see packages with stamps, stencils, and dies I decide to order only the stencils with the dies to get your first look. I like them both and especially the soft pink background.

Denise Bryant said...

All 3 cards are awesome! Between the first two, my favorite is the one with the white background. I like the black outlines on the flowers and leaves!

Linda BL said...

Great cards! I like the one with the white jelly roll ink but also the one with the outlines in black. When they are that pretty it is hard to choose a favorite!

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

These are gorgeous! I love all three!

Franci H said...

I can't decide which card I LOVE more! Stunning, Virginia!

Dawn T said...

Three stunners Virginia. The first one reminders me of some fabric I used many years ago to make a little pinafore for my daughter. All three are just gorgeous.

Sue D said...

I like all versions.

I Card Everyone said...

What a fantastic gift set of note cards this would make, Virginia! Maybe with a few different sentiments ready to be adhered as need be.
=]

Kathy Raker said...

Both are lovely! I like the colored cardstock used for background even with the boo boo. It's an original!

Ms. Tamp said...

Great variation on the set. I do like the dots.