Friday, December 1, 2023

Monochromatic Christmas Card

🎅🎄 Happy December! 🎄🎅

 Hope this post finds you well! I am popping in to share a project that I made a while ago. 

The Vintage Ornaments Embossing Folder is absolutely gorgeous!

 The 3D details truly are amazing and make the card-making an easy task, no doubt.

 (Shop Spellbinders , Simon Says Stamp) 

Along with the embossing folder, I am using this Delicate Snowflakes Etched Die for the focal point. 

How versatile is this die set? I actually was a bit overwhelmed with the possibilities at first!

 joy to the world

 Starting with the embossing folder, I took out a color cardstock and ran it through the diecut machine. To highlight the ridges of the embossing folder, I applied a thin ink over the surface of the embossed images. 

joy

 You can use any detailed ink applicator/ink-blender for this purpose. I like to use a piece of foam sheet. They are readily available and very effective. These form sheet (such as THIS) can be used multiple times and are disposable. 

joy -001

 I love the folksy feel of the tulips, so that was what I used for the focal point. 

 joy to the world -001

 What do you think? I think I only touched the surface of these dies!

Can you believe that? We are into the LAST month of 2023! Where did the time all go? I had some changes with my design team commitments this Fall. I now have more time for personal care. I have been enjoying my free time and have no deadlines.... that is a HUGE bonus. 

Thank you for your positive comments and support. I appreciate that you stop by today!

10 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous! Love the die cuts and the fabulous embossing folder design!

Franci H said...

This is such a beautiful card. LOVE the snowflake set!

Sue D said...

Very pretty with the embossed background.

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

Awesome card and snowflakes!

Dawn T said...

Absolutely gorgeous Virginia. A really beautiful Christmas card.

donna mikasa said...

This card is even more beautiful up close! Love the snowflake transformation--the colors are just gorgeous!

Linda BL said...

What a pretty card! Really like the non-traditional colors you used. Great die set!

Kathy Raker said...

Card is beautiful! Could you explain what you do with the foam sheet? You are not using it to create layers, but for the inking?

Virginia L. said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone!
For Kathy, you are right. I do not use foam sheet for dimensions, but to use it for inking. Try it (the hard foam), you will be amazed with the result. If you do, please let me know how you like it!

Ms. Tamp said...

Great embossed detailing!