Monday, July 11, 2016

Kathy's 30 Day Coloring Challenge


Hello friends! Today is a special day! Along with my former Hero Arts Hostess friends, I am delighted to take part in my dear friend Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Coloring Challenge!
Kathy asked me last Tuesday to help organizing this blog hop....and here we are! You must be coming from the fabulous Lisa Spangler's blog.  

I am sure you know by now Kathy is a coloring enthusiast and she is encouraging us to spend some time each day for 30 days and do some coloring, even just for 5minutes. It doesn’t matter what you color or what medium you use.

At the end of the hop you will find an awesome GIVEAWAY from Hero Arts. 2 shopping sprees of $25.00 each! Yay. (winners will be randomly picked from the blog comments of the blog hop).
My project for the coloring challenge is "coloring the negative space".
Often times we only color inside the outlines, but for my card, I decided to spend all my time working outside the lines. When you see the following creative process, you'd know what I mean...

2016-07

1. lay out all the floral leaf images in my MISTI
2. stamp in Versamark and white emboss the images
3. with Spectrum Aqua Markers, I colored the image
4. spray a few spritz of water and let it dry
2016-071
5-6. continue to color the images with assorted markers and add sprays of water
7. add more colors and let it dry
8. paint/splatter with Lindy's Gang Magicals ( mixture of powder and water)

And .... ta-da!
have a lovely day


I hope that you are inspired to color "the negative space". Be sure to take your time and don't be afraid to add COLORS!
you're so lovely
Today's blog hop order

Jennifer McGuire
Shari Carroll
 Lisa Spangler
Virginia Lu
Linda Brandyberry
Kathy Wade
  Arlene McClung
Barb Engler
 Linda Wetterlin
Heather Doran
Cheiron Brandon
Sarah Moerman
Emily Leiphart 
  Kathy Racoosin 

Your next stop is my dear friend Linda Brandyberry blog.
I hope that you check out each hoppers projects and make sure you leave comment. BECAUSE Hero Arts is giving away TWO $25 gift cards to Her Arts Store!! Yay! If you are lost in the hop, please head to Kathy's "The Daily Marker" to check out this fun hop. Please use #‎TheDailyMarker30Day‬ , so Kathy and all players can admire your colorful creations.


 I have a VIDEO tutorial (working with MISTI and watercolors) coming up next, be sure stop by and check it out!
Thanks for stopping by! 

221 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   201 – 221 of 221
Kris in Alaska said...

Awesome idea! I always forget the negative space!

Sherry Butcher said...

Great card, love the step by step instructions. Thanks for sharing.

Amye said...

I really like the resist technique...I used to think I discovered it, until I saw that other people already figured it out, LOL! Beautiful background!

Marta said...

I'm a huge fan of using negative space...it always creates such a cool effect.

Nora Noll said...

This is AMAZING!! I love that you sprayed the watercolor like that to have it bleed into the white space. Great design!

loceanjo said...

What a beautiful card! So gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card - have not tried this technique, but will have to now !!!

Unknown said...

So pretty!

Irene said...

Wow! Just lovely! Love how you just let the watercolor do its thing!

Daria said...

This is an incredibly beautiful card. Thank you for sharing how you made it.

Patty said...

Wow!! Pretty cool technique!! Love checking out all these blogs for great ideas. Your card is so pretty with awesome bright colors!!

Di Di W said...

Wow! I love this card! Beautiful colors and technique.

Flo said...

Beautiful card. You did great filling in the background.

carol S said...

very nice card

katemade designs said...

What a beautiful card and fun technique. I'll have to try that.

Elaine Max said...

Such beautiful techniques you are sharing. I am so inspired by your work. Thank you so much!
Elaine

Enna said...

Such gorgeous & vibrant colors! Love your posts!

Taunya Butler said...

Your card is so lovely and just bursting with gorgeous colors - SO awesome - I love seeing what you create!!!

Taunya Butler said...

Your card is so lovely and just bursting with gorgeous colors - SO awesome - I love seeing what you create!!!

Emily Daniels said...

How pretty!! Thanks for sharing :)

Michelle said...

Dramatic results! Thank you for sharing!

«Oldest ‹Older   201 – 221 of 221   Newer› Newest»